Chapter Four

"You know what, I'll just tell you some other time how they're..." silence, "gone."

Tim faced Mellissa with a smile on his face. She returned the smile and stood up. Tim placed his tools down and stood up too. "Follow me," was all he said before proceeding out of the room.

Mellissa followed him out to the back of the building. They went through the back door and there she saw a shed as large as his living room.

Tim disappeared into a blanket of darkness when he stepped inside. Mellissa called for him, but there was no answer. She went inside, one foot after the other. The door slowly closed when she was inside. A shiver crossed her spine at the thought of maybe it wasn't Tim who closed the door.

She gathered all her confidence and turned to face the door. She closed her eyes and turned around, when she opened her eyes, she gasped.

Tim stood there smiling, in his hands was a lustrous flower that beamed so beautifully against the darkness of the room. It looked like a white rose, its petals each gleaming a fine light while having a delicate form. Mellissa exhaled slowly, still amazed of the beauty the flower held dearly. The air swirled around the flower and its petals danced with such grace that Mellissa held back her breath again.

"It's a Magranda, the only one left. Well, they thought it was the only one left. I saw a whole bunch of them when I moved in this house. Do you... want to see more?"

Mellissa looked at Tim's blueish-greenish eyes and nodded slowly. The excitement of seeing more of the glorious Magranda seethed through her.

They exited and circled the entire shed. About 2 meters away from the shed, lay a garden almost bigger that Tim's bedroom and bathroom combined. It was lined with a wooden fence, careful not to destroy such flowers planted inside. The two walked inside the garden, following the gravel path made by Tim. Suddenly, Mellissa started to tear up. The emotions mixing in her body were too much to handle. The feeling of joy, of sadness, of loss, of love, of friendship, of hardships --- all combined into a single tear.

Her fingers trailed along the 1-ft stems and 20cm-diameter flowers. In the light, it looked like the flowers were crying. The morning dew still stuck on each of them though night was approaching. Tim just followed her, laughing quietly on how much emotions the girl in front of him held for such flowers he took care of since an abandoned child. Since the day he knew he was alone for good.

"Mellissa, I think we should go back in now. It's almost night time."

Mellissa stood straight when she realized it really was. The sun was an orange-red ball of flame in the west and darkness was approaching in the east. She wiped the tear on her cheek and they started to walk back in the house.

They were silent all the way back until Mellissa realized something.

"What's for dinner?"

That stopped Tim on his tracks. Oh no. Tim had no idea what was in his refrigerator or what Mellissa would like to eat.

"Uhhmmmm... Well... What do you want to eat?"

"Well, since you asked. I have been wanting to eat noodles for a while."

Noodles, noodles, do I still have noodles? Ah, whatever. I'll just order from Tita two bowls of noodles in broth.

Tim looked as though he was staring in the air and expected something to pop out of it.

"Uh, hello? Tim to this place. Hellllloooooo...." waving her hands and trying to get Tim's attention, Mellissa almost looks like a bird trying to get pass through a huge statue.

Tim smirked at Mellissa. She stopped at the look of Tim's face. Only then did she really looked at his face. Pearly whites behind thin lips, blueish-greenish eyes that seem soft and hold memories deep inside, ash-blonde hair, ruffled through years of refusing to use the brush, tan skin that look rough but touch soft, hands full of calluses but keep a very manly touch to it. Full of calluses, but the want to hold it is near. A lean body with muscles that will only appear by touch, and height almost nearing 6'3".

Tim too only realized Mellissa's features. Full lips that have a natural red matte color, light auburn ombre hair with natural light brown highlights, curls only on the ends, hazel brown eyes that seem to glisten when looked deeply in them, roundess in them too. Soft, pinkish skin and fingers shaped like unlit long candles and nails beautifully manicured by Mrs. Margaux herself, which were not destroyed despite long hours doing crafts. She was shorter than Tim, about 5 inches, but she was still taller than most of the girls in her school even though she mostly wore doll shoes.

Mellissa was the one who broke their look at one another. "Well, we gonna eat or nah?" Then she continued walking towards the house.