Chapter Two

"I'm done/It's done." The two now look at their finished work and smile.

Mellissa tested on her hand-sewn hat, took a photo of herself on a polaroid camera, and stuck the photo in her scrapbook. This was a new assignment for her club members. They should be able to create their own hand-made crafts and make a scrapbook about it and how they did it. The best one would be kept in their 'Shelf of the Best' and it held most of Mellissa's creations before she became president.

--

Tim fired up the engine and the identical spheres at the corner of his house slowly lit up, blinding the boy shortly. He opened his eyes, and saw purple swirls moving around with sparks occassionally appearing.

"It works. IT WORKS! Pod, it works!! Oh! Okay, okay. Let me just take some notes... 'metal should be...', 'wiring is imp...'.. mhmm... ok! Let's check it out now, Pod."

--

Mellissa closed her scrapbook by the time the glue has dried. She pushed back her chair when, a light suddenly shone behind her. She turned back to look and found a circular light at the wall of her room.

Just then, a hand began to slowly appear from the mysterious light. Mellissa just stared, stunned at the scenery she's facing. Later on, a face, followed by the legs, and then the whole body, came out from the light.

Tim looked at the strange place that he has set upon to. He first looked at the bed, the walk-in cabinet, the bathroom, and stopped. He saw a young lady, staring at him. The boy was consious enough to ask, "Who are you?"

The young lady just stared, not believing her own eyes. She debated in her mind whether she was dead or not, dreaming or not, imagining or not, how handsome the boy is....

Or maybe not.

Words too cannot explain the mixed feelings Mellissa has. Tim, however, thought of something he could do before she calls someone. Being a person who trusts easily, he held onto the girl's hand and gently pulled her; but the girl stayed in place.

Finally gaining consious of her surroundings, she pulled her hand free.

"How... H... How d... Did... Who are you?"

The curiosity and fear was shown in her words. For once, she believed in aliens.

"My name's Tim. And you are...?"

A friendly smile flashed on the boy's face. Mellissa's fear was immediately flushed out of her body, replaced with a tad of trust. Without any hesitations, Tim grab hold on Mellissa's hand and pulled her into the purple light.

Dizzyness, migraine, and sluggishness bloomed in her system. Mellissa tried to blink out the light that seemed to temporarily blind her.

She opened her eyes and saw an amazing view of people gathering in stalls, music playing by the band at the sidewalk, kids playing around with each other, teens pranking their friends, old people laughing and talking about their lives decades ago, and Tim.

"Hmm.. The market place, huh? That's remarkable."

Mellissa saw a faint black mark at the back of Tim's hair. He was considerably 5-6 inches taller than her. The first thing that popped onto her mind was blurted out by her uncontrollable mouth.

"Are you a gangster? I can see from the back of your ea--"

Tim's laugh overpowered Mellissa's soft and wary voice. He stopped to look at her, only to laugh again when he saw a confused and irritated face.

"You're so adorable. Don't worry. Those kind of people were abolished even before I came to this, well, my world."

Just then, Mellissa remembered her house. Her family. Her school. Her club. HER MATH QUIZ.

"Oh my. Your world... We're in your world! How am I supposed to go home? What about my club members? What about Carreon? I wanted to see him graduate without having detentions starting next year. What if... What if I can't go home? What will happen to my family? My life? MY GRADES? What if Mrs. G---"

A warm hand covered Mellissa's red, thin lips, startling her.

"I haven't quite got your name, Ms...?"

That made Mellissa pause. She questioned someone who didn't know her, so how could he respond? Technically, he is the reason why she got there in the first place.

"Sorry. It's Mellissa. Now, about the situation I'm in. How do I go back?"

Tim answered directly, "Not sure yet. We have to go to my house and see why we went here inst--"

"Wait. Hold up. So you mean to say you have no idea why this happened?"

A simple nod answered the question.

The looks of disbelief, rage, and confusion was again shown on her face. She didn't react, though. She might lose her opportunity to go back home.

They started to walk when she realized that there were no taxis around for them to ride on. She asked, but Tim looked too worried to answer. Mellissa just shook off the growing curiosity building up in her.

--

Tim stopped in front of an abandoned-looking building. Awe struck on Mellissa when she saw the building. It ony looked abandoned, but it was beautiful.

A cube-type structure, with wooden french doors and 9-ft tinted glass panes on either side of it, dirty white walls with dark grey highlights, and an old oak tree has grown at the side, shading its delicate looking foundations, its elegance arose from top to bottom. The tinted glass did its part to shield whatever was inside.

"This is your house?"