First meeting

I stared through the windows of the café I was currently sitting in. I took small sips of my coffee while staring outside. An elderly married couple walked by, their hands intertwined. They looked so pleased with each other, I wish I could have that too. If only for a moment, I wanted to feel loved. As if there were no problems in my life, and that only him and I would matter. Just us against the rest of the world. 

Sadly enough, my life wasn't perfect at all. My family didn't have enough money to support their selves, so that's where I came into the picture. I worked almost every day, from the early mornings till the late evenings. Life was hard sometimes, however, I would do anything for my family. Whatever it would take to make them happy.

I drank the last bit of my coffee while listening to a conversation between two girls behind me were having. "Did you already hear about what Becky did?" A girl with a high pitched voice asked her friend. "Oh my god, what did that sl*t do?" Another girl nearly screamed. "She cheated on Justin, with Amber's boyfriend!" the girl with the high pitched voice whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. I shook my head in disgrace, girls these days.

I was about to get up to pay when someone suddenly sat down next to me. He was wearing a long, black coat and didn't even look at me. As if I wasn't there. I was about to leave when the stranger suddenly started to speak. "Sit" he commanded. Overwhelmed by his sudden appearance, I sat back down while looking at him. "Do I know you?" I asked him, my eyes never left his face. He was the most beautiful human being I had ever seen. He had these blue eyes, that were so dark they were almost grey. He had black hair, stubbles, and sharp features. Any girl would fall for him within a second, they would throw their selves at his feet. Begging him to notice them, to give them a little attention. However, his appearance carried something dark with him. Something dangerous. 

"Not yet" was his answer to my question. I raised my eyebrows for a second, not knowing how to respond. Not yet? What was that supposed to mean? Did that mean I would see this handsome human being more often? No girl would say no to that. Too bad for him, I'm not a typical girl. "Ha, I don't think so" I stood up and put on my jacket. He now looked at me for the first time, his blue eyes mesmerized me and I stopped with what I was doing for a moment. I quickly snapped out of it, he was still sitting there, he wasn't talking, just staring at me.

Creep. 

I quickly walked away from him and opened the front door of the café, while mumbling a quick goodbye I stepped outside, the door falling close behind me. I walked away from the café and no matter how hard I tried not to think about what just happened, my mind was continuously wondering who that man was. Why did he talk to me?

The sky was slowly becoming darker and darker, and I decided it was time to head home. Instead of taking the long road home, I decided to go through the alleys. Not my favorite route home, but it was the quickest. I went into an alley and shivered, I was surrounded by darkness. I hugged myself and pulled my coat closer to me. I buried my face into my scarf. Why did I take this road home? I cursed at myself. I'm such a wimp. 

I looked behind me, no one was there. Chills ran down my body as I walked faster through the dark alleys. Footsteps. I heard footsteps behind me, my heart began beating faster as I looked behind me, but there was no one to be seen. I sighed of relief, it must have been a cat. "I'm so stupid" I whispered to myself, next time I would take the long road home. 

"Indeed you are" A low voice suddenly whispered in my ear.  I screamed and began to run, but the person was close behind. I screamed for dear life until I got tackled and fell to the ground. The air was squeezed out of my lungs when I hit the ground. Someone was on top of me and holding me to the ground. I cried while struggling to escape. "It's no use love, you can scream all you want. Perhaps you will attract some others, that would love to help me" he said into my ear, pinning my wrists to the ground with his hands. Tears were streaming down my cheeks "please let me go" I begged the man. The man just laughed, his sickening laugh echoed through my ears. 

He pressed his lips everywhere on my face, while I just cried. "Shh baby, it will all be over soon" he stroked my hair. He held with one hand both of my wrists at the ground while he stroked my body with his other hand. "So beautiful" he whispered to me. His hand started caressing my breast, whereupon he ripped my shirt into pieces as if it was nothing.  He threw my shirt away and started kneading my breasts. I closed my eyes and wished that it would stop soon. I felt his hand all over my body and felt used. 

All of a sudden the man got pulled off of me and I open my eyes. The man was pulled against the wall, I took this as my opportunity to hide against a container in the shadows. I pulled my knees up and cried silently. I had never felt so gross in my life.  

I focussed on the two men. One was wearing a long, black coat. He had dark hair and blue eyes. My eyes widened as I recognized him, he was the man from earlier in the café. He was beating the man that just tried to rape me and suddenly pulled out a gun. The rapist immediately stopped fighting and fell to his knees. He pointed the gun at the rapists head. The rapist begged for the man's mercy. "P-please forgive me, I-I won't ever do it again if you let me go!" the man cried. 

"It's too late to be asking for mercy," the man in the long, black coat said. "Don't ever touch what's mine." He said, before pulling the trigger. The bullet pierced through the man's head, causing the man to fall lifeless onto the ground.

I was just sitting there against the container, shivering and crying. I was hyperventilating, my eyes were widened at the sight of my dead rapist. His blood was everywhere. My brain wasn't functioning at all, I wasn't able to move or speak. I just sat there.

The man in the long, black coat hid his gun in his coat before turning towards me. He walked to me and once he stood in front of me, he bends through his knees. "Are you okay?" He asked me, whilst his blue eyes were studying my face and his hand stroking my face. I gave no answer, my eyes were focussed on the dead body of the man that assaulted me. He wiped away my tears and let out a sigh. "I should never have left her alone," he said to himself. He lifted me into his arms and gave one last glance at the man he just killed. The man was just one of the many he murdered.