Prologue

Hey guys! I really wanna come up with a name to call you guys. Any suggestions?

Anyways, this is a new story I'm writing! I will continue writing Bruises of Risk, too, but I just keep getting ideas for this story, so I must get it out on paper! I'm gonna try to take a different approach at another romance novel. I hope you enjoy it!!

The guy in the prologue is not the main guy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Make Me Yours

Prologue

He circled around me as he looked me up and down. He stopped directly in front of me and looked me straight in the eyes. For once I had the courage not to avert my eyes. My heart had sped up, but not as much as it used to.

He snatched my arm up and held my wrist tightly. "Your skin is so flawless," he murmured as he brought it up to his face and rubbed his cheek against it. The gesture wasn't affectionate. It wasn't loving. It never had been. "We're going to have to do something about that."

I willed my heart not to accelerate and I breathed in through my nose. I was not going to be affected by his words. They were not going to tear down everything I had worked to build.

"So tell me, sweetheart, you didn't honestly think you could hide from me, did you?" he sneered as he trailed one finger down my cheek.

I kept my mouth shut. It was wiser not to speak. I didn't know if my voice was strong enough for that.

"Answer me, sweetheart," he spoke softly, but there was an angry edge to his voice. He jerked my head up with his finger and yelled, "I said answer me!"

That was my breaking point. I couldn't, I wouldn't let him do this again. I shoved him away from me as hard as I could and spoke, loud and clear, "I am not afraid of you."

He was taken aback. I had never done anything like that before. He grinned wickedly, making my heart crawl back into the place it'd come out of. "We'll see about that," he said and stepped forward.

I stood my ground this time and straightened my back and raised my head. This time I wouldn't be afraid. I'd been taught not to be.

<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>*<*>

So let me know what you think and if I should continue it!!