Looking Around

Guy to the side is the playboy!

And I wanted to dedicate this to NinjaFish99 for getting me so excited about writing more of this story! Thank you for being awesome!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

Looking Around

“Strength is nothing more than how well you hide the pain.” – Bob Marley

I turned around and watched the guy I'd just ran into walk down the hall. He walked with self-confidence. He wore a leather jacket with its sleeves rolled to his elbows. A black, silky piece of cloth was tucked into the back pocket of his dark jeans. He turned at the last door in the hall and knocked. It opened to reveal a girl smiling flirtatiously at him. He smiled back, but as if he could feel me staring, he turned his head to me and smirked before the girl pulled him inside.

"Wow. I never thought I'd see the day that sweet little Shay Brooks would check out a guy." I rolled my eyes but smiled, recognizing Veronica's teasing voice. "Shut up. He has a girlfriend," I replied.

"Or, he doesn't," Veronica said, refusing to drop the subject. I raised my eyebrow at her. "She could just be a random girl he's going to fuck."

I shook my head, "Then I'm definitely not interested."

"I think you are. He is one hot piece of ass." She tapped her bottom lip with her index finger and looked thoughtful. "Maybe he has a brother."

"Maybe who has a brother?" Shannon appeared out of nowhere and asked. This time she wore a bikini that hid only two percent of her skin.

"Chris Hemsworth," Veronica replied without hesitating, knowing that as soon as Shannon finds out, she's going to try to sleep with him, his possible brother, his cousin, and his enemy.

"Duh he does. Liam Hemsworth," Shannon pointed out as if we were idiots, but we couldn't blame her for that.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Let's go check out the deck!" Veronica chimed excitedly and practically ran to the elevators.

After a few seconds of awkward elevator music, we were on the deck and it was amazing. There was just about anything and everything you could want on a cruise. There was a pool a little ways away on the right side and across it was a whole line of boutiques, a spa, and a hair and nail salon. The floors above deck were in the middle, but nothing was visible through their heavily tinted glass windows. People were swarming everywhere. People with colorful swimwear, outrageous hats, and ridiculous outfits could be seen in every direction. In fact, there were so many people that it didn't even bother me because I was just one amongst hundreds. "We are definitely coming back to that spa later!" Veronica practically did a little dance before walking ahead and pulling me with her.

"Look at the size of that pool!" I exclaimed as it came into view.

Veronica turned to me and grabbed my shoulders, "I love your parents! I can't believe they paid for half of the ticket! I am so grateful!" 

Shannon just rolled her eyes at our behavior, probably having already been on tons of cruises before. "Whatever, I'm gonna be at the pool if you losers need me," Shannon said lazily.

When she saw me glaring at her, she raised her eyebrow and I looked the other way. There'd been a time I would've bravely held her gaze. That time seemed so far away.