Chapter Forty Three - Aubrey

I was lying on the couch with Ivy on top on me when Shay burst through the front door. I nearly threw her off my and into the coffee table, I was so startled.

"Get up!" Shay came over, grabbed my shoulder, and pulled me into a standing position. His eyes were a dangerously dark shade of black and he was physically shaking from anger.

"Shay, what's going on?" I demanded as I positioned Ivy behind me. She gripped tightly onto my right hand while I held my other hand outstretched just in case Shay charged at me.

"I watched them take her. I watched and I couldn't do anything. They took her, Axel." Shay exclaimed, and I watched as he fell apart in front of me. He fell to his knees and punched the ground once before resting his head in his hands.

I stood there, shocked, for a moment before I was able to actually take in the whole situation. I knelt down next to him, but didn't touch him in fear that he might lash out at me.

"Who took Aubrey?" I demanded. I glanced up at Ivy who, to my relief, looked just as confused and surprised as I was.

"The outlanders took her." Shay slowly raised his head as a deep growl emitted from deep in his chest.

"What? Why on earth would they want to take her?" I reeled back in surprise, my guard still up just in case Shay shifted.

"They found out that she is a Wilcze Panna," Shay stood and began to pace as all the pieces clicked into place for him too. "Think about it, Copper and Aubrey were both changed and took the spots in the pack that originally belonged to the exiled wolves."

I nodded slowly. "So, they took them. Probably to use them as ransom so they could rejoin the pack?" I drawled.

Shay thought on that idea for a moment, but then shook his head. "I doubt they would want anything to do with our pack anymore. They just want to punish us for exiling them. They are the lowest of the low and were kicked out of packs across the world for being so disgusting and disobedient."

"So, they kidnap the people who were changed into wolves and then what? Kill them? No way, they are going to use this to their advantage somehow." I mumbled and fell in line with him to pace. We were so alike sometimes that it was scary.

Ivy watched us both with her arms crossed. She stared at me with a frightened look on her face and I knew exactly what she was thinking.

"We need to get into contact with Bittzy and Chelsea." I stopped cold in my tracks as my heart pounded.

Shay just shook his head and continued to pace.

"They have no reason to take Bittzy. She isn't a member of any pack and there is no way that they would know that Chelsea had to change her anyway." Shay mumbled while biting his thumbnail.

"I'm going to send Sam to them as a precaution." I stated and whipped out my phone. I texted the command to him and hit send.

"I'm willing to bet that Zyler has something to do with the organization of this." Shay mumbled so low that I almost didn't hear him.

"Did you just say Zyler? You mean Captain's old second? Why would he have anything to do with this? He is just a kid himself." I asked, confused. I realized that I didn't see him in Europe the whole time we were there and he was normally glued to Captain's hip.

"He made a pit stop here a little while back. He used Aubrey's friend, Darcy, to get an inside ear on her. Apparently he was here for almost nine months without any of us noticing."