Chapter Three.

>Aaron<

"Aaron, over there in the bushes" Morgan whispers quiet but loud enough to hear.

I turned my head in the direction his hand was facing and I saw a girl with long gingery brown hair, she looked about Carl's age.

Her back was faced in the opposite direction, she couldn't see us but we could see her.

Morgan went behind the girl and wrapped his arms around her mouth.
Morgan let her go.

"Hey" Morgan said in a shaky voice.

She turned around slowly, tapping her gun.

"We mean no harm" I said in a panic.

The girl raised her gun "who are you and what do you want?" She said in a tough voice.

I put my arms up in defence.

"I'm Aaron, and this is Morgan. We mean no harm. We have a camp, a sanctuary for all" I said lowering my arms.

A branch snapped in the distance and Sophia shot her head towards that direction.

"I can't stay here, he's coming" The girl said while her eyes watered.

"What do you mean? Who's coming?" Morgan looked at her in confusion.

"It doesn't matter. We just have to get out of here" She replied flatly.

"We have walls, it's safe. We could take you there" I looked up at the girl.

"Look, I'm not bothered where we go we just need to leave now" She raised her voice.

"Okay. But we will have to ask you some questions on the way" Morgan explained.

"I don't care, let's just go!" The girl whispered loudly, tears streaming down her face.

Sophia started running as fast as she could, so fast her lungs started to hurt.

She slowed down allowing Morgan and Aaron to catch up to her.

"The names Sophia" she said holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Sophia" Morgan said, catching his breath. As he shook her hand he noticed she was really cold.

"Let's get you inside the walls, we'll protect you" Morgan said with a worried expression.

"Morgan the questions" I said while stopping.

"She's a kid Aaron, she won't do any harm" Morgan replied.

"How old are you?" I asked curiously.

"I'm 16" Sophia said, showing no emotion.

"You're not going to do anything do me, are you?" Sophia asked worried about the answer.

"Of course not Sophia, what would we do to you?" Morgan asked.

"Well, my last group abused me" Sophia explained crying.

Aaron hugged her to calm her down.

"Who were we running from?" Morgan asked.

"My boyfriend. He's the abuser. He was the only person left in my group, I ran away from him while he wasn't looking" Sophia said.