Chapter 2

Jake ended up staying the night, we both fell asleep on my bed while we watched random movies.  No, we didn't do anything, he is practically my brother, however, I did have a crazy dream, one that I actually remembered.  I pictured myself showing up at this huge mansion, I guess it was the Jenner house, and being completely humiliated by the fact that no one was home.  I woke up with an odd feeling in my gut leading my to the direction that I shouldn't go tonight, but some part of my wanted to.  Maybe it was the fact that I didn't know them and I don't have any idea why they would know me.  

"Jake, wake up," I said after waking up, nudging his shoulder.

"What do you want, Reagan? What time is it?" he said.  

"It's noon.  Do you think I should go tonight? To the MSFT thing?"

"Why not? The invitation looked pretty damn official." he said, hopping out of bed in his sweatpants and tshirt.

"I guess I don't have any reason to be nervous then.  Let's go get some food."  Jake and I hit the town together until 6pm, leaving me 2 hours to get ready, which is not enough time at all.  The Jenners are perfect, so if I wanted them so like me, I had to make an impression.  We finally got to the room after filling our empty stomachs and hanging around the local mall.

"Jake, can you help me pick out an outfit?" I asked him as he grabbed his keys from the counter in the room across the bed.  I needed a guy's opinion in a case like this.

"Why are you so nervous?  They already inducted you or whatever."  Jake clearly did not catch on to the point that all girls do is judge each other.

I ended up just grabbing a black and white stripped crop tee and some high waisted denim shorts with spikes lining the sides.  I had a feeling it wasn't going to be fancy for some strange reason.  They didn't seem like that type of people.  As I walked out the door, Jake followed behind me until we reached the parking lot. 

"Don't be nervous, champ.  No one can ever hate you," Jake said, wrapping me in his embrace.  

"Let's hope so," I sighed and separated from Jake, "I'll text you later."

We both got into our cars and left the parking lot.   The Jenner mansion was all the way on the other side of LA, the rich, beachy side, which was pretty expected.  I arrived at their house, my hair in natural ringlets and my platform converse adding a couple of inches.  I knocked on the door, praying that they would be dressed like I was.

"Hey, Raegan.  I'm Kylie.  Come on in," Kylie said, wearing shorts and a tee as well.  I followed her through the largest, most elegant living room I have ever seen until we reached the kitchen.  It was literally a Food Network set, and all the others were eating Nutella and crackers on the counter.  They looked like they were waiting for me, which is weird because I wasn't necessarily too late.  I was just fashionably late.

"So, you're Raegan!," Moises Arias said, jumping off the kitchen counter.  He was taller in person, not by alot, but still, taller.

"Hi," I said.  Moises tackled me and gave me a hug.  He was quite a bit shorter than me, and with the shoes on, I was a tad shorter than Kylie.

"Damn, she's more beautiful in person," Mateo asked, causing me to laugh.  He was alot taller than his older brother, taller than me even.

"Umm, thanks."  I greeted everyone else and we just started small talking, me meakly sitting in the corner not participating in much of the conversation.

"Not big on small talk, huh?" Mateo asked, coming over and sitting down next to me.

"Was it that obvious?"

"Well, I meant what I said, about you being really pretty," he said, placing his hand on my bare thigh.  It was definitely not a sexual touch at all, more like a comforting touch.

"Thanks, but I can't really believe you when Kendall and Kylie and Pia are all there being perfect."

"Don't let them intimidate you.  They are on a diet 24-7 and do all of these chemical peels.  You, on the other hand, are naturally beautiful.  Like you don't ever try."

"Wow, thanks.  You aren't so bad yourself."  Mateo and I kept talking, and all I picked up is that he is me in another body.  He loves Hoodie Allen, and he is not all for the paps.  At around 12 midnight, people began leaving slowly, but Mateo and I were so focused on the conversation between us that all we could care about was each other's favorite things- books, songs, movies.  

"Bro, Mateo, are you comin'?" Moises asked.  Him and Kylie and Kendall were all staring at Mateo and I.

"Oh, right, yeah.  Can I have your number, Raegan? So we can talk more and maybe hang out," Mateo asked as he got up from the chair.  

"Yeah, just hand me your phone." He did as I asked and I put my number in, "text me."

"Okay, I will.  Bye Kylie and Kendall, thanks for having us," Mateo said as he ran out the door behind his brother.  I began gathering my things, seeing that I was all alone in this big house with people I have never had a conversation with.

"You don't have to go," Kendall said.  

"Yeah, we can girl talk and stuff.  It should be fun," Kylie said, joining Kyle on the large, comfortable-looking couch in the movie room.  

"Umm, okay." I said, dropping all my stuff and sitting next to them.  

"So, are you interested in joining the MSFTS? You and Mateo hit it off nicely to say the least so wanna? We just hang out all the time and inspire people to be themselves by selling shirts and pants and stuff.  It's really cool," Kylie said.

Kendall then gigled and said, "better than nicely.  That's a total understatement.  Mateo is in love with you, ever since he saw you on television for the first time.  He was so starstuck."

"Yeah, I'd love to join."  We talked about Mateo and the rest of the boys, but Kendall and Kylie always brought the conversation back to me and how I feel about Mateo.  There was not much to feel seeing that we didn't really know each other yet, but I did feel really comfortable around him, so that is a start.  I left their house around 1:30am and as soon as I got outside the house and into my car, Mateo texts me.

Mateo: Hey, it's Mateo.  Wanna hang out tomorrow?  :)

Reagan: Heey um, I'd love to.  Wanna meet up for dinner tomorrow?  

Mateo: Yeah, I'd love to.  I'm going to bed but I will talk to you later about plans.  

We would definitely have things to talk about later, and I couldn't wait for later.  

Sorry, this chapter sucks.  I'm in a dorm right now at a summer program so I did not have much time to write due to all the homework I'm getting.  Sorry for making y'all wait! See you next chapter~~~~

Oh, and thanks @xotiffanyxo for the beautiful cover.  I love it<3