Chapter 5

I don't know why I felt so nervous about this party, but something in my stomach was making me almost certain something was going to go wrong.  

"Are you alright, babe?" Mateo asked, moving his hand from the steering wheel to my thigh.  Everytime he touched me, I literally felt the weight of the world evaporate from off of my shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine.  I just, do you know who Jake is taking to this party tonight?" I know it's weird that I asked this but Jake is my best friend, we are practically siblings, and knowing that he is taking a girl to this party that I never met before frightened me.  I know it would not threaten our brother-sister relationship, but I always imagined that I would be the one to find someone for Jake.  

"Um, I have no idea.  All I know is that he called late last night asking if he could have a plus one, and Moises agreed.  Why are you asking?" 

"Jake and I are like family, and I worry about him.  I just want to meet this girl and see if she deserves Jake.  He needs someone that's good enough for him, but he's so desperate that he falls in love with every girl he sees."

"Don't worry, Raegan.  Everything will be just fine," Mateo said as we pulled into the front of the house.  I had never been to the Arias house before, and it was huge.  

"Is this yo-ur house?" I said, hesitanting.  

"Yeah, why?"

"It's really fancy looking."  The house was more than just the largest house I have ever seen, but the atmosphere was so elegant.  No one on Earth would expect two teenage boys to live there.  

"C'mon, the party is waiting," Mateo said, laughing at the obvious trance I was in.  We walked into the house to see the party already in full force.  The music was bouncing off the walls and everyone was grinding.  This party was full of contradiction, the first being that the outside of the house looks like it is meant for the Queen of England and the inside looks trashed by all the teenagers currently causing chaos. 

"Thank god my parents aren't coming home until next Wednesday," Mateo said.  By the looks of it, these boys are going to need all the time they can get to completely restore their house to the original look.

"Let's go find people," I said laughing.  I grabbed Mateo's hand and dragged him to where Moises was.

"You really know how to throw a party, now don't ya, Moises?" I said, giving him a hug.

"Well, what can I say? I'm an expert."  He was clearly intoxicated by this point in the night.  

"Be safe, kid," I said, patting him on the head, and then leaving behind Mateo.  We walked to the bar area and took a seat on two high chairs.  

WARNING: PARTY SCENE AHEAD - PROCEED WITH CAUTION

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"I'll have what your having." Mateo then, leaned over the bar and grabbed a bottle of rum.   

"Raegan, Mateo, take shots with me!" I heard Moises call out from the other side of the bar.  I turned back to Mateo, who was biting his lip in inquiry.  I could tell he wanted to join his brother, so I shrugged, stood up from my chair, and we both walked over.  In a matter of seconds, I was taking shots with Kendall, Kylie, Jaden, Moises, and Mateo.  I felt the sour alcohol run down my throat, and chills ran through my body.  After a couple of shots, Mateo and I ended up on the dance floor, grinding to Somo's "Ride."  With Mateo and I, it wasn't serious at all, we were practically dying of laughter.  We couldn't take ourselves seriously at all.  I looked around the room to see if I could spot Jake, and I did.  He was with this girl that looked like a model.  Perfect body, perfect hair, perfect everything.  

"Mateo, who is that?" I said, subtley pointing to Jake and the girl throwing herself at him.

"...that's Tiffany..." he gulped.  

"The Tiffany from last night, Tiffany?"  Mateo just nodded in shock.  Awkward.  I was immediately fuming with anger.  She was definitely NOT going to mess with my best friend's head.  I freed myself from Mateo's embrace and walked sassily over to Jake. 

"Hey, Jake!" I said, giving him a hug.

"Hey.  Raegan, this is Tiffany.  The girl I told you about," Jake said.  I could tell he was waiting for my approval.  

"Hello," I said, turning to Tiffany.  I crisscrossed my arms in front of my chest.  

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," she said, flashing a perfect smile.  

"Nice to meet you too," I said, trying to cooperate.  If Jake could find a way to like Tiffany, I guess I could get to know her before judging her instantly.

"So, how do you know the Jake and the Arias boys?" Tiffany asked, trying to make conversation.

"Jake and I are on a show together.  We play boyfriend and girlfriend, but in real life, we are like family," I said.

"We are literally like this," Jake said, crossing his index and middle fingers.  

"Yeah, and I was invited to be a MSFT so I met the whole crew and now I'm dating Mateo."

"You're dating Mateo!?!?!?" Tiffany said, practically spitting out the drink from her mouth. 

"Is that a problem?" I wanted her to admit what she did that made her cry last night, landing her in Jake's arms.

"No, not at all," she said, flicking her hair off her shoulder.  I smiled playfully, and suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist.  I turned to see Mateo, wow, perfect timing.

"Hey Jake," Mateo said, giving Jake a brohug and then returning to me.  He completely ignored Tiffany, I practically died of laughter.  

"Let's go Mateo.  Leave these two alone.  Have fun, guys! Nice meeting you, Tiffany! And Jake, text me!"   I said, as Mateo and I walked away.  I winked at Tiffany, and Tiffany's face tightened up with anger.  She was furious, and I kinda enjoyed it.

The party continued on and ended at 2am.  I stayed the night at the Arias house.  Mateo and I didn't do anything too bad.  

Sorry, this chapter kinda sucks... Better ones are to come! More drama is gonna happen so fasten your seat belts!!

XOXO, Diana ;)