Chapter 11

Hope you like this chapter! Please vote and comment!

Enjoy xo

********************************************************************

Lauren's POV:  

I woke up the next morning to a quiet house. The only other living soul in the house were Ellay. I walked downstairs to find a note from Jen.

“Hey. I’m out getting groceries for the week and then I’m going out with Ashton. Oh, and he says to call Luke ASAP. See ya later! xx”

  I put the note down and got coffee for myself. And when I say that, I mean I put Ellay in the car and drove to Starbucks.

  I pulled up to the drive-through with Ellay in the passenger’s seat.

“Hello, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you today?” The woman said through the little intercom.

“I’d like a Venti Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher please.” Okay, so maybe I’m not the biggest fan of coffee.

 “That’ll be $5.13 at the next window please.” 

“Thank you!” I said as I pulled away from the drive up menu.

After I got back on the road, I waited until I was at a red light to call Luke. I pulled out my iPhone and found his number. The phone rang and rang. No answer. I called back about a million times. I got no answer. Maybe he was still sleeping? Maybe he's busy? Then I remembered once again. Oh my god. I forgot about going over Luke's house after the interview last night. That was the reason why Luke wasn't answering me. I called Luke one last time and left a message. 

  "Hey Luke, um I know the reason why you're not answering me is because I didn't end up coming to your house last night. I had an interview yesterday and I was tired. I am so sorry Luke. I apologize." And then I hung up and started driving.

*******

I drove up to Luke's drive way. I grabbed Ellay and rang the doorbell and Ashton answered the door in his pajamas.

"Why hello there Lauren and pooch." Ashton smiled and petted Ellay.  

I looked down and my shoes became interesting. "Hey, is Luke home? I came to apologize." 

"Actually Luke went out for the day." 

"Do you know where he's heading?" 

"I'm not sure, but would you like to come in for now?"

I heard Jen's voice shout across the living room for Ashton. 

"Sure, sounds good." I held grip of Ellay and headed towards the couch where Jen was sitting. I greeted her and Ellay found a comfortable spot next to the pillow beside me. 

"So Lauren, did you get ahold of Luke?" 

"No, I left tons of messages and I didn't get an answer."

"Bummer. He'll probably be home soon. Don't worry Lauren." Ashton interrupted.

"What have you two been doing? Sorry to barge in like this."

"It's alright, we're glad you came. We were just watching some TV." Ashton said. 

Suddenly it started poring. It was thundering and lightning outside. I was scared if Luke was alright. Once the first boom of thunder hit Ellay started whimpering. It got really dark outside, inside as well. We continued watching TV. Finally I heard a car door slam. He ran up to the front door and unlocked it. I was standing a few feet in front of the door. I looked him up and down and he was soaked. 

"Where we're you? I was worried. How come you didn't answer any of my calls?" 

"How come you didn't come over last night." His voice was demanding. He stormed upstairs and never came down. 

"Hey, Ashton and Jen. I think it's time for me to leave. I'll see you guys later." I picked up Ellay and opened the front door and ran out to my car and drove home. 

******************

I walked inside, put down Ellay. I went upstairs and took a shower. I put on a t shirt and shorts. I tied my hair up in a messy bun. I started thinking to myself. Luke and I have only known each other for a couple days. This is going to fast. I forgot to go over yesterday and he's already mad at me? I don't know what i'll do. I don't know what to do. Soon Luke will forget about me. I don't want that to happen. Yes, we've been on one date but nothing really happened? I just don't know what to do. 

I went back down stairs and decided to have lunch even though it was a little late. I made grill cheese and I snatched a bottle of water from the fridge. I sat down at the kitchen table and pulled out my phone and ate my lunch. I washed off my plate when I was finished and put it in the dish washer. I went over to the book shelf and grabbed my books to study. I had a big exam in a couple days I had to study for in mathematics. I sat on the couch and started studying. It was a good time to study since Jen wasn't home and she's really loud. I finished studying for the night at around six. Jen still wasn't home so I just made dinner for myself. I just popped some cold pizza in the oven. I wasn't very hungry since I ate just a few hours ago. I finished up my dinner and turned on the TV. I watched a little and Jen finally came home. 

"I left you a few slices of pizza on the counter."

"Thanks" I heard Jen say at a distance. 

I then went up stairs into the office. Went on the computer instead of being down stairs. I wanted some more alone time. I just browsed for some new clothes online and went on twitter and facebook, nothing was really interesting. I spent a few hours on there and decided to go to bed a little earlier than usual.