Chapter 35

Jen's POV:

It's been a week since Luke moved back in and he was still sleeping in the guest bedroom where my parents and Alyssa were staying when they were visiting. This morning I have another ultrasound to go to for the baby. Ashton wanted to come again. I booked an early appointment for a check up, we both had to wake up early. 

***********************

 Ashton and I were sitting in the waiting room for a while. There were many women in the room. Some were a few years older than me, they had their husbands or someone with them. I noticed a girl sitting a few empty seats away from me. She was still in her teenage years. She looked about 6 months pregnant like I was. She had no one with her, she looked afraid and nervous. She had brown hair but that's all I couldn't really get a good description of her because she was facing the window the whole time. I decided to get up and go talk to her. 

"Where are you going Jen?" Ashton said as I got up. 

"I'm just going to talk to that girl, it wont take long." I said whispering to Ashton because I was afraid she was able to hear us because of how close she was to us. I sat down in the seat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Jen." I said with a smile; I think I frightened her.

"H-hi, I'm Rose." 

"Hi Rose, how many months pregnant are you?" I said trying to get her attention away from the window. 

"Um, about 6-ish." She said turning towards me.

"I am too! Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl?"

"Yes, it's going to be a boy. But um, may I-I ask, why did you decide to come and talk with me?"

"Oh, um, you looked a little stressed so I wanted to calm you down a bit."

"Thanks. But I'm alright Jen." She said wanting to turn back to the window. I looked at Ashton and he wasn't paying attention her was on his phone. 

"What would you name the baby?" I tried starting the conversation again.

"Um, probably Jason."

"That's a cute name." I said trying to cheer her up a bit. She still didn't seem to be all into the conversation. 

"So, how old are you?"

"16, um why are you asking me all these questions. I don't want some pregnant lady getting all up into my business." 

"Sorry, sorry." 

Just at that second Dr. Foster came out and said my name. Ashton and I stood up looking at each other then headed towards Dr. Foster. She led us over to the scale then into the room. I laied down and she took the ultrasound again. She kept to herself if it was a boy or a girl. We still didn't want to know. 

"So, the baby still has a weak heart but I was able to catch it more now. The baby is healthy. Good job Jen. I'll see you sometimein March, it'll 8 months then." Dr. Foster said finishing off. This appointment was fast. We headed out of the room and down the hallway back to the waiting room. I saw Rose; she was still sitting in the same seat, staring out the window. 

"Don't worry. Everything will get better. Don't worry. Good Luck Rose." I said passing by her giving her a smile and thumbs up. Then Ashton opened the door for me and we headed to the car and went home. On the way home I called my parents talking about the baby and saying the baby was a  healthy.