Chapter 1: Chaos and Orange Slips

Chaos. That's what was written on Mr. Harley’s board. He always was an interesting AP history teacher. I watched as he struggled to get the class in order. Everyone was still buzzing from this morning. Apparently Mrs.Garlow won the lottery and quit her job, leaving her only class teacherless. I was pretty sure she taught the students that failed biology freshmen year. I wondered who would take over her role as the laziest teacher ever. With only five months of school left, and the tight school budget, would Yorkly High even receive a new teacher?

    Suddenly, the classroom door slammed open and a student aid walked in with an orange slip. Uh oh, an orange slip meant one thing, trouble. Orange slips meant that the principal wanted to see you immediately. The whole class had calmed down by now and was watching Mr. Harley to see who was summoned to the principal's office. I however went back to my book it was getting quite interesting. Robert Langdon had just realized that he was a suspect for the death of Sophie's grandfather. Suddenly my name was being called. I looked up with my brown eyes to see that the entire class was silent, and staring at me. I searched for the voice that had called my name and to my surprise it was Mr. Harley, he walked to my desk and handed me the orange slip. When the slip landed in my hands, I quickly heard the whispers erupt around me. I got up from my desk and gathered my belongings, and quickly left the classroom. Why the hell would Principal Ford want to see me, Lexi Storm, the biggest nerd at Yorkly High?