Chapter 3

"I am not as fine as I seem.
Pardon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two trolls talked to each other for hours on end for a full perigee. They spent their time aimlessly chatting about random topics. If one topic seemed too boring they would immediately switch gears and talk about another. It was so easy talking to one another, it was like they fit together like two puzzle pieces. Karkat was calm and collected enough to be able to handle Sollux's constand sarcasm and snarkiness and even be able to return some of his snark.

The two had nearly nothing in common which made their odd and newly forming friendship exciting. Sollux, as much as he would try to deny it, loved picking Karkat's thinkpan and learning every little detail about this strange troll. At first it was simple little questions like what's your favourite colour? Or What's your favourite book? Those questions quickly morphed to ones like If you had to choose between dying for a quadrant mate or dying by the hands of a quadrant mate, what would you choose?

Yes their friendship was going spectacularly. Sollux felt a strong connection with Karkat. That is, until Karkat attempted to cut off that connection.

Another perigee of their friendship went by and Karkat's replies were getting less and less enthusiastic and started sounding more and more forced. Sollux could tell something was wrong with the troll who did so much to hide his blood colour, but Sollux wasn't Karkat's moirail. He couldn't do anything.

Sollux spent the next couple of nights attempting to try to trick Karkat into telling him what was wrong, but no such avail. Karkat's replies were getting shorter and more forced sounding and Karkat knew. When interrogated by the Gemini about this the cancer troll merely said "are they really?" Before attempting to switch the topic of discussion. Eventually Karkat just stopped replying to Sollux, causing a tsunami of emotions to wash over the young troll.

Was Karkat mad at him? Did he get culled? Did he move away? The latter was very unlikely, but it still worried him. Maybe Karkat's lusus was the cause of the troll's sudden disappearance. Whatever the case was, Sollux was extremely worried, he asked whoever Gamzee and the rest of Karkat's newfound friends but none of them had talked to the cancer troll as of late. Sollux was losing hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sollux slowly lifted himself out of his recoupercoon and, using his psionics, shakily floated to the ablutionblock. It had been a long night of repeatedly waking up and the struggle of attempting to fall back asleep. He had begun trying to adjust to normal sleeping habits but there was no guarantee he'd be able to get used to them anytime soon.

The Gemini troll washed himself  off of the red sopor slime that still clung onto his body. He was worried sick about his friend but Aradia had instructed him that perhaps it was best that he distract himself for the time being. She was a wonderful troll, always helping him out. Sometimes she acted like Sollux's moirail and it made him wonder...

He quickly finished cleaning himself off and dried himself before throwing on some clothes and quickly making his way to his husktop. His dual-coloured eyes scanned his friend list seeing that none of his friends were online at the moment. Sollux groaned loudly in a mix of frustration and irritation. Fuck it, Karkat would eventually have to come online and when he did, he'd have to come back to a slightly upset Gemini.

twinArmageddons[TA] began pestering carcinoGeneticist[CG]

TA: alriight lii2ten karkat
TA: ii dont know what the fuck ii2 goiing on wiith you but come ON
TA: ii thought we were becomiing good friiend2!
TA: then you ju2t deciide two 2top me22aging me.
TA: iif 2omethiing2 up iid appreciiate iit iif you told me.
TA: iim a fuckiing 2uper geniiu2 ii could help you out.
TA: and iif iit ii2nt that and iit2 ju2t that you hate me now iitd be great two know that two.
TA: dont leave one of your good fuckiing friiend2 alone and let them 2tew in the juiice2 of theiir own 2elf loathiing and makiing then wonder why a good friiend of theiir2 2uddenly 2topped talkiing two them.
TA: iit2 rude a2 2hiit.