Chapter 2

"Should we kiss?"

"I'm afraid we cannot. People might see us."

"And what is wrong with that, my love?"

"I am an heiress, and you are not. We are forbidden."

"I do not believe such foolishness. As long as I am with you, everything is right."

"Shh! Someone might hear you."

"I believe this way of shushing is more appropriate..."

Then the lights went off, spreading silence across the theatre.

Clap clap clap! Whistle whistle whistle! Woo woo woo!

The crowd gave different reactions after the curtains closed. Part one of winter play... CHECK, I thought. I let out a huge sigh as the cheers continued.

"Good job you guys!" Caroline exclaimed, jumping up and down. She started pulling people's shirts to huddle into one group.

SQUEEZE. Even though I like groups hugs, that one hurt a little.

"DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA!" The crew cheered in rhythm. All jumped repeatedly as a group, throwing our hands in the air. When someone turned the music on, playing Pitbull's single, Give Me Everything, some squealed and swayed their hips to the beat. I instead, yawned and stretched my arms. It was 9:00 PM, too late already if you ask me.

"I knew from the start I chose the right crew! And I believe you guys deserve this." Caroline raised her glass to us, "To the best New York student theatre actors and staff!"

"To us!" We shouted back, raising our glasses in approval. The after party we held on the gym went pretty well, a few got drunk but there were no fights, even though a lot would've loved to see one. I sat on plastic chair beside Caroline and Kate. Plastics chairs were scattered around the gym, giving a large space on the middle for a dance floor. The place was a bit dim and all that lit the place was the spotlight, giving off blue and violet colors.

Scrunch. I scrunched up my plastic cup after biting it for hours. I was bored. Who wouldn't when no one is willing to dance you? I didn't mind though. I'm not popular. Heck I don't even belong to the bottom of the "Food Chain". In simpler terms, I'm a 'nerd'. But not that kind who loves to read and study (EWW). I'm a nerd in a way that I dress like one. I wear huge glasses, long sleeved tops that were obviously too big for me, worn out jeans, and sneakers.

To top things off, my two best-est friends in the world belongs to the top of the "Food Chain". Why wouldn't they be? They're both drop dead gorgeous! Goddesses, some say. Hundreds of suitors, thousands of love mails, and millions of facebook message proposals every week. Though some think they're b*tches, they're not for me. Since pre-k, we've been the best buds trio. I just never thought high school would slowly tear the three of us apart. At some point, it's my fault. If I was a little girly, I wouldn't be wearing my brother's clothes everywhere; and at some point, it's also my parents fault. Why did I have to have an annoying older brother?

"May I ask why a frown is on your face when it's supposed to be a smile?"

I jumped off my seat, landing on my butt on the floor. I heard laughter in front of me. I didn't need to look up to see who it was.

"Thanks a lot, Caroline." I winced, rubbing my bottom gently as I stood up.

"The pleasure's all mine," she laughed.

I glared at her which replaced her smile with a frown. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing." I muttered. I straightened out my hair and quickly grabbed my bag.