Chapter One

Rubbing my eyes, I winced as my hands ran over the fresh cuts and bruises from last night. I sighed and quickly threw on sweats and an oversized hoodie. I ran downstairs into the kitchen and prayed Greg didn't wake up just yet. Greg is my 'father'.

Apparently.

You see he's far from a father of any sort; who else beats their 17 year old daughter to pulp every chance he gets?

Yeah, I thought so.

He blames me for my mom passing away. Hell, so do I. I was about six or seven when I wanted ice cream, so my mom gave in and drove to the store at night. At 11:23 at goddamned night. It was so fucking selfish, and that one 'need' was the reason she died.

Over the years I had taught myself not to feel anything; feelings only bring pain and anguish. All if them do eventually. I quickly scrambled some eggs and fried some bacon. After putting them on a clean plate I set it on the table along with a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee.

I heard Greg coming down the stairs so I lowered my eyes. He didn't like it when I looked him in the eye. I was 'too unworthy and filthy' he said. It's most likely true anyways. He cleared his throat.

"Good morning." When I didn't reply his face reddened. "I said 'good morning' bitch! I want god damned reply!" He yelled and slammed his fist down making the liquids spill into the table.

"Good morning," I dully whispered.

"That's better," he relaxed. "We're leaving soon, gather your boxes up." Today we were moving. It's most likely because someone asked about what happened to me or what were those noises coming from our house. I honestly don't know or care where but I know I'll have to go to school.

The new girl.

I've been her so many times I can hardly count them.

After we ate- no wait more like HE ate and I watched and cleaned up for him.

After that I walked upstairs to get my boxes. All I really had was a biggish box of clothes and my other one was basically just my iPod, headphones, charger, makeup bag, and other small things. You'd be surprised how much concealer and foundation I have.

Hell, I bet I spent more money on them than my mattress is worth! Yeah... He's too cheap to buy me an actual bed so I have an old mattress and some blankets. I grabbed my boxes and stuffed them into the moving truck waiting downstairs. I think we were going to, like, Oregon or something.

^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^•^

The car ride was fairly boring. When we finally reached our destination ( I sound like those GPS's don't I? 😛) I stepped out. It was a nice house; two stories, and baby blue paint. I walked in after.... Him and grabbed my boxes. I figured that out of the three rooms mine would be the barest. I couldn't be more right.

He didn't even have the decency to give me a fucking room. I am currently in my new 'room'.

The attic.

It was all bare and dusty. At least it had decent lighting though. I noticed a cracked mirror leaning against one of the walls. Looking closer I inspected the girl I saw in there.

She couldn't be much bigger than 5'2", with long deep brown hair and haunted pale blue eyes, though they looked more white. Her skin was unhealthily pale, almost translucent. Her face was scattered with bruises and cuts, old and the altogether. I sighed once again and moved on. I noticed something flashing in the corner of my sight. I turned and saw a clothing rack, full of empty hangers.

Wow. He actually tried this time.

I heard the front door slam and a car engine start. I cautiously looked out of the small window. Yup, that's his car alright.

I went downstairs and studied it better. There were the two old couches and the love seat, hmmm... There were two new armchairs, the coffee table was new too, and the tv mounted on the wall just the same as before. I looked at the new kitchen and saw a piece of paper and an envelope on the counter. I read the note. It said :

'Samantha, I'll be out late tonight, don't worry about dinner. There's money in the envelope for groceries. I expect the kitchen to be stocked when I get back.

- Greg'

What a douche. I rolled my eyes then went back upstairs and changed into a pair of jeans and converse. I kept my hoodie on.

•^••^•^••^•^••^•^••^•^••^•^••^•

I spent a while looking around for a super market, or just anywhere with fresh produce. I just found a store. FreshMart. Wow, you have to admit that's kind of a lame name. Ooh, that rhymed!

Anyways, I grabbed a cart and wheeled it in. Hmm... I looked around. I grabbed some mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, carrots, etc. Basically any normal fruits and veggies. Done with that, I grabbed some eggs, and milk before looking for some cereal. I found the isle for that and looked at my choices. It was between Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, and Honey Bunches of Oats.

Hmmm....... Dammit! I was allowed to choose the cereal, obviously, because mainly I was the one who shopped and Greg didn't really like cereal.

I thought about, then grabbed the Honey Bunches and Cinnamon Toast. Speaking of toast, I need bread. Probably a bunch of other stuff too...

After locating the bread I reached up to grab the bag of bread, but I couldn't reach it. 'Huh! I huffed, 'They should at least make sure everyone can reach the damn shelves!' I bitterly thought. I stood on my tip toes but still couldn't touch it. I groaned looking to see if anyone else was there. No one? Okaayyy.

Bingo! I knew exactly how to get it I knew for a fact I could climb the shelves. So that's what I did. I climbed them and grabbed the bread. Mission accomplished! After I double checked everything to make sure nothing wasn't there I checked them out and somehow managed to grab all the bags and carry them all home. I put the groceries where they belonged and then went upstairs. I gathered a towel, my underwear, and some clothes and stepped into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and let the water just hit the tiles for a while, then walked in. I sighed in content.

This is as good as it gets for me.

=€=€=€=€=€=€=€=€=€=€=€==€=€=€=€=

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£=£

A/N: Hey guys! So if this story is too, I dunno, boring or something doesn't make sense feel free to leave questions in the comments and I'll try to answer them the best I can 😋

I know this isn't the best story it's only my second and the first one isn't even finished and still even then it's not that good =\

If you enjoyed this then please don't forget to vote and comment!