Chapter Four

I don't know what I felt as I got lost in his eyes... Maybe some warmth, but it had been far too long for me to remember.

Somehow I managed to pull away from his grip and find my way into the school hallway once again. The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch and my return to class.

There were only two things I liked to do anymore: cooking and drawing. I learned to cook because, obviously, I had to for my dad, but I actually really enjoy it, and who doesn't love to bake? But sketching is special to me, something no one could take away.

Deep in thought, I didn't notice anyone in front if me until I rammed my nose into a hard chest.

I gasped and looked up as I stumbled backwards, only to be steadied by two big, firm hands on my waist. It was him, the giant guy who's eyes got abnormally dark.

Even then, I couldn't help but lean in slightly to his touch. Realizing what was happening, I muttered a sorry and pulled away once again.

I could have sworn I heard a growl...
Whatever, not my problem.

God damn! Was he everywhere or what? And it didn't help that I would become some sort of crippled in my mind every time he looked at me or got close... which he just happens to be every time!

I made the rest of the journey to my class unharmed, and there were actually not that many people. There were eight little rows of seats, four on each side with a little walkway in between, and only two other students were seated while a few more were gathered around a desk.

As I walked up to the teacher, I heard a few people snickering and laughing. "Oh my gosh, Becky, did you see that one girl?"

"You mean the newbie, right?" Another one answered. I felt a flush creeping up my neck at their words. Apparently there weren't many new students around here... Oh well.

****skip the rest of school bc I said so****

By the time school was over, I just really wanted to curl up and sleep through the
whole week. Too bad I can't... Freaking Greg and his freaking need to be so damned needy every  FREAKING second!

Okay, calm down. Yeah, just be calm and maybe you can get through this.