Prologue

[May 10, 2014]

A warm air rushes through the open window of Aphrodite's room, brushing her long, curly black hair.

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking to adjust the sight from darkness to sudden bright surrounding. She groans after checking the time.

7:02 AM...

Too early for the day to start.

She suddenly heard her grandmother yelling from the kitchen, a few steps away from the doorstep of her room.

"Yvonne~", she calls, "come out in here! The breakfast is ready, sweetheart."

Aphrodite averted her eyes and glances through the closed door of her room, staring to it, as if memorizing every edge and side of the door.

She heard a few knocks, and the door opens, revealing her grandmother, wearing her usual sweetest smile.

"Come and let's eat, Yvonne. Don't forget to fix your bed before going out, okay?" Her grandmother told her.

"Mommy, can you please stop calling me Yvonne? It's Aphrodite, please? Why do I keep on fixing my bed, while on the end of the day, I know I'll just end up messing it again? Just like in love, why do we keep on loving others, while in the end, we will just get hurt," she protested.

Her grandmother raises her left eyebrow, narrowing her eyes. She then says, "Really? So, why do you keep on eating a bunch of food while in the end, you'll just end up defecating shits?"

Aphrodite scoffs, standing up and fixes her bed, knowing that she won't win over her grandmother. Her grandmother headed out of the room to prepare for their breakfast with her grandfather.

Breakfast with the family, the usual beginning of her day.