Deconstruction

"The Xycron have broken the barrier just below Siil faction," he continues, "All military personnel prepare for a fight. Set all rifles to Net, it's time to find out what these Xycron are after. "

The holoscreen closes and Captain Qwale begins shouting orders, he reaches for the ship intercom, "all available staff prepare to set sail, "he says releasing the button and mumbles, "it's show time"

"Cadet Zeen!" He shouts.

"Aye sir!"

"Set coordinates for faction 8, sector 5, quarter 2."

"Sir, we will be vulnerable in that quarter, sir. "

"Did I ask for that Intel Cadet."

"No sir, sorry sir. "

"We'll make it through this, just watch."

"Aye sir."

He reaches for the intercom once again, "All gunmen, equip yourselves with Net grenades and tranquil darts" he finishes but presses the button again and says, "And don't forget your cover guards. They won't be shootin' keeps. We are, so be careful out there boys, don't need anyone dying on me." He releases the Com.

I start, "All engines are set and ready for your orders sir."

The computer: "All Xycron have been located."

The captain, "where?"

Me, "sir they seem to have accumulated just on the outside of Jule, on its moon Temple, sir"

"Alright, head us in that direction Cadet."

"Aye sir, right away sir. " I say typing in the coordinates.

We take off. The Captain has an eager look in his eyes. Something is manhunt feel very uneasy about this whole thing.

We arrive but there is nothing in sight. No Xycron, no anything.

"Computer, life sign scan." The captain says as we circle the moon, at this point the ship seems completely quiet.

The computer took more time than usual and the captain started again, "Computer, life..."

The computer interrupts, "life sign report: 3,000 Xycron in the area."

"Sir there's nothing here!" I say peering through the glass.

The captain, then I:

"Bring the ship down."

"But sir!"

"DAMN IT! THAT'S AN ORDER!"

"Aye sir."

The ship slowly closes in on the moon. We can't decide what is deceiving us, the computer or our eyes.

As we prepare for landing the computer starts "missile inbound, training at a speed of 400 kilometers per second. Estimated time of impact is 3 seconds."

The captain presses the Com, "all hands brace for impa..."

Now I can't see, I can't move. Every part of my body is frozen. I can barely hear the sound of the alarm ringing throughout the ship. A voice... the captain! I hear his voice, he's shouting. A name... my name, but I can't move. I... can't... keep... my eyes... open.