Chapter Three

Rose POV

I woke up the next morning in an empty bed. I shot up, looking around for Daniel. I follow his scent into the kitchen where I see elders pinching his cheek. I chuckle and make my way to him. I pick him up and the elders look at me and smile.

"Oh, he looks just like his mother." I hear one of them say as I laugh.

"No ma'am. He looks like his sister. This is my brother Daniel and I am Rose. Nice to meet you." I smile and put my hand out.

"Oh I'm terribly sorry dear, I'm Alma." She says as she shakes my hand and smiles. Another woman steps up.

"I'm Cassidy." She smiles and shakes my hand. Another woman steps up.

"I'm Sherry." She shakes my hand and smiles. Another woman steps up.

"And I'm Laura." She smiles and shakes my hand as well.

"Those are all lovely names. What are your ranks?" I ask as they stand in a line, as if they've practiced this.

"I'm Alma and I'm an Omega."

"I'm Sherry and I'm also an Omega."

"I'm Cassidy and I'm the betas grandmother."

"I'm Sherry and I'm the Alphas grandmother." They all state and I stare at Sherry.

"I am Rose... And I'm the Alphas mate." I say as they gasp.

"FINALLY! Alec has good luck. He has a respectful, kind, beautiful mate." Sherry says and hugs me.

"I'd like to think so." I hear his voice behind me. He wraps his arm around my waist and I move out of his touch.

"The lovely Alpha and I aren't exactly on good terms. But it was lovely meeting all of you." I smile and hug them. They walk away and I move to what I'm guessing the pantry to get out pancake batter.

"Not even 24 hours here and already you have the elders on your side. Even my grandmother! And she usually doesn't accept easily. Must've been the way you approached her." He said thoughtfully.

"I have the elders down. All I need to do is avoid you more." I say with a bitter smile.

"Why are you like this!? You have accepted the fact that I'm your mate. Why can you not treat me like your mate!?" He yells and I stand in front of him.

"You. Killed. My family. The ONLY family I had besides my mother and father. And they were killed too! So don't expect me to be kind to you. I'm good with others who are kind to me, for that's how I was taught. But you? No. You waltz in and kill people and then expect me to accept you right away!? HELL no. Now while I'm cooking, do you want pancakes?" I ask as he stares at me in shock before nodding slightly.

"Alright sit down then." I order and tell Danny the same thing.

We sat and ate the pancakes in silence.

"Rosey, who is he?" Danny whispers to me, motioning to Alec.

"He's my mate Danny." I whisper back.

"Oh. Shouldn't you be hugging him like mommy and daddy used to do?"

"No Danny. Not right at this moment. Not any time soon I'm hoping." I whisper.

"Will you two stop whispering?" Alec whispered to us.

"I can hear you." He whispers again causing me to laugh.

"Sorry kid." I say and take away our plates to wash them.

"Kid? I believe I'm older than you." He says.