Paintings

SHORT BUT SWEET HAHAHA

I walked over to my boyfriend, wrapping my arms around his neck happily as I looked at the painting that he was working on. He had been working on it for a while now, at least a week, and it was turning out beautifully. The pine tree with decorations gracing it in every place, the star resting on the top perfectly, painted just the right shades of yellow and white. I noticed an addition to the painting, however. There were now two bodies being painted next to one another, holding each other.

"Joe?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "I thought this was supposed to be a painting for James?"

He smiled, turning to me, "Actually, it was supposed to be a surprise for you, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it from you for long."

I gasped, "Joe, it's beautiful."

He smiled, "It still needs to be finished, but thank you. I've been trying to finish it, but I don't think it'll be finished in time for tomorrow."

I shrugged, pecking his lips excitedly, "Don't worry about it! We can finish it together, if you'd like?"

He nodded, scooting over on the large piano stool that we had set up and handed me a brush. I dipped it in the paint with a grin, "So, what would you like me to start with?"