1{ Another Long Day

Emma's P.O.V

I wake up to my alarm clock ringing in my ear at 8:30
I sigh and roll back over to go to sleep.
Until ruby strides into my room and Yanks my curtains open revealing the bright morning sun which I really didn't want to experience right now.
I yawned sleepishly and pulled the blankets back over my
head trying to avoid my annoying friend.
I heard her foot steps coming closer but ignored them, this was until she had pulled my warm cozy blanket right of me
And Slammed my alarm clock off.

"What the hell ruby it's to early just 5 more minuets"

"No way now get your lazy ass out of bed and get ready for work"

I sighed
"Alright alright I'm up!"
I said as I raised my hands in defeat
Ruby smirked at me
"Good now have a shower and meet me at the door in 20 for work"

After she left my room I sluggishly got out of bed and into the shower hoping it would wake me up a little bit.
After my shower I walked into my closet to grab something comfy to wear to work knowing I told granny I would work 2 extra hours and get paid extra.

I settled on a plain white t-shirt and black leggings I didn't really bother with makeup either just applying some mascara and quickly blow drying my hair as it slightly curled down to my shoulders.

I grabbed my fully charged phone off my night stand and ran for the door seeing it was 8:45 and our shift started at 9.

I meet ruby at the door noticing she was wearing a similar outfit but with a black t-shirt and a flannel pulled over top of it. I grabbed my light brown leather jacket and my dirty black converse and followed ruby out the door and down the street towards granny's dinner.

The walk to Granny's was only 10 minuets although we would have gotten here a lot faster if we Had taken our car but it was a normal thing for us to walk not only because of the short distance but to save money on gas.

Me and ruby had just arrived at granny's we walked up to the little glass door with granny's
Painted in yellow and as we entered the little bell jingled above us signaling someone had arrived.

Granny snapped her head up from behind the counter and flashed us a friendly smile.

"There you Girls are I was worried you would be late"

"Never again"
Ruby added clearly thinking back to the day me and her showed up 30 minuets late.

I laughed at the memory playing through my mind.
I was dragged out of my thoughts when granny has thrown me and ruby our little apron that ties around our waist.
We grab our note pad and pen quickly stuffing them in the pockets and getting started on this long slow shift.
••••••••

I had already worked for 2 hours and sadly still had 3 hours to go and if that wasn't bad enough my brake wasn't until another hour. I rushed around taking orders and handing the order to the kitchen as fast as I could then delivering the food and repeating this process forever.

I had caught several men staring at me as I leaned forward to clean the tables there actions making me sick to my stomach. I ignored the stares and put a friendly smile on my face and got back to taking orders.

3 hours later I had finally finished my shift and was totally exhausted I grabbed my belongings and walked out the door towards mine and Ruby's apartment, that was until I had noticed an alleyway with a bright yellow bug parked in the end.

Something was telling me to go down the alley but I didn't have time to before someone ran right into me knocking me backwards and making me land flat on my ass.

I groaned in frustration and quickly stood up to question this person when a thick Irish accent rung through the air.

"So sorry love I wasn't paying attention I was trying to find a place I could have a bite to eat and stay I'm new around here." He said clearly trying to apologize.

"It's fine I wasn't paying attention either."

He smiled at me which caused me to smile at him as I finally got to take in his features.

He was fairly tall and defiantly worked out, his raven coloured hair parted messily to one side and his piercing blue eyes that someone could get lost in.
I broke myself out of my haze.

"You said you were looking for a place to grab a bite to eat and rest?"

"Exactly love you know a place nearby?"

"Yup follow me!"

I turned around and started walking back to granny's dinner
I opened the door and showed him in. I pointed to the counter and told him to order food here and that there was a door in the back near the washrooms for granny's b&b.
He smiled happily and began to speak.

"Thank you...."
He waited for me to tell him my name which made me laugh

"Emma, Emma Swan."

"Thank you Emma hope to see you around?"

I laughed and copied him

"It was my pleasure....."

He chuckled before replying
"Killian Jones"

"Well Killian the pleasure was all mine."
And with that I walked out granny's door once more with a bright smile on my face and a racing mind as I walked home.