2{ Girl Talk

Emma's P.O.V

I had just opened the door to our apartment and found Ruby in the kitchen swaying her hips and head back and forth to the music playing from the radio and stirring something in the frying pan in front of her.

I laughed loud enough for her to hear, she swung her head around to look at me. She stared at me for a while causing me to blush and smile while laughing and looking away.

"Don't you turn away from me."

I rolled my eyes and turned back around to face Ruby.

"Now your blushing and can't stop smiling now spill."

"It's nothing Ruby."

"Don't give me that crap, I've been your best friend for 5 years."

"Ruby I promise it's nothing plus your cooking supper."

"Supper can wait now spill."

Ruby turned around and turned off the stove walking over to the couch and patting next to it. I laughed and sat down next to her.

"It's nothing really I promise, I just bumped into this ma-"

"Oh I like where this is going already!"

I chuckled a little before continuing on.

"He said he was new around here and he was looking for a place to rest and eat so I showed him granny's."

"Did you get his number? Oh wait is he cute?"

"No I didn't get his number, and he's charming."

"Oh come on he's just charming?"

My blush grew even darker.

"Ok I will admit he was pretty handsome."

Ruby sat up and faced me pulling her legs up into a Criss-cross.

"That's more like it! Tell me more, what does he look like?"

"He's fairly tall and has jet black hair and the bluest eyes I think I've ever seen."

"This is so cute!!"

"Omg shut up Ruby!"

"I'm sorry it's just so ugh... Adorable."

I squinted my face up at Ruby to make a face but Ruby only replied by sticking her tongue out at me.

"Now go finish supper I'm starving!"

"Fine but it's your turn tomorrow!"

"I know...I know!"

Ruby walked back over to the kitchen and turned her music back on and finished making supper.

I sat on the couch scrolling through Instagram while waiting for supper to be ready.

About 15 minuets later supper was ready and waiting at the table. Me and Ruby sat in silence for a while clearly enjoying our food and not having enough time to talk in between bites, that was until she remembered about Killian and are so called cuteness.

"So back to Mr. New Boy, what's his name?"

"Killian"

"Oh that's different I like it. What's his last name?"

"No way. I'm not telling you I know what your gonna do."

"No I won't Emma I just want to know his last name."

"Fine it's Jones."

"OMG!!! EMMA JONES"

"Ruby shut up I knew you were gonna do that and I've meet him once."

"Yeah but you'll see him tomorrow when your at work."

"I forgot about that."

"Well don't you'll get to see your charming Killian tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes before starting small talk.

"So what about you? Do you have eyes on anyone?"

"Not really, none of them are just charming enough."

I closed my eyes and sighed at Ruby.

"You do know your the worst right?"

"Oh the worst of the worst."

"Do you work tomorrow Rube's?"

"Yeah I work a morning shift again tomorrow what about you?"

"Same but the day after that I work a night so I won't be home for supper that night."

"Ok just me then I have that day off. Maybe I'll just have a Netflix marathon."

"WHAT!!?? Not without me you aren't."

"Ok I guess I'll go to the animal shelter then."

I squinted my eyes at Ruby.

"What the hell is Ruby hood doing in an animal shelter on her day off?"

"Nothing."

"Oh no you can't do that. It's not nothing."

"No it's nothing just volunteering."

"There's a boy."

"Fine. Maybe but we've just been talking nothing serious."

"Ok but just know if he even hurts you once I'll beat him with a shovel."

(For any of you buffy fans I just had to add that in there.)

"Ok I'll make sure to tell him that, cause that will defiantly not scare him off."

The rest of supper flew by. Next I was washing dishes as Ruby had a bath. After washing and putting away the dishes I quickly changed into Pajamas and meet Ruby out in the living room for a movie on Netflix.

We decided on watching the purge. After eating a whole bowl of popcorn and a few jump scares we tided up and headed of to bed both setting our alarms for work and quickly jumped in bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys I finally updated, I know it's been forever but I'm gonna start writing this book again. And if you guys didn't notice I edited every chapter I have written of this book.
So I hope you guys all enjoy!

And I just wanted to mention part of the reason why I updated again and will continue to update is because of a comment from ekd930 I know it was just one little comment but seeing people comment on something I wrote and encouraging me to continue makes me so happy! So just a quick thank you!

Chloe Sheehy💕