Chapter 1- This is just the beginning

Chapter 1

"Are we almost there?" Tabitha complained, "Ethan is barely giving me any room to sit!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance because she had a lot more room than I did. I was sitting in the back with all of these suitcases while she was just sharing a seat with her sleepy brother.

"We'll be there in about 15 mins," Dave said.

My life is officially over. Out of all of the men in the world, my mom marries my enemy’s father. They've only been dating for a few months, but last week they got married. In the beginning of the school year, my enemy, Tabitha, started a fight with me in the cafeteria. My mom and Dave met at the principal's office. I do not know how they started to develop feelings for each other while their children were getting suspended, but it happened.

Tabitha has hated me ever since Kindergarten. She would always kick me in my face during nap time, so one day I took her favorite crayons and flushed them down the toilet. For a week the water in the toilet looked like a unicorn took a shit in it. Ever since then, she had made sure that my life on earth was a living hell.

Now I have to spend the whole summer down the shore with my mom, Dave, Tabitha, and Ethan. My mom said this is a perfect opportunity for me to bond with my new family. I think that’s the complete opposite of perfect.

I sound absolutely insane right now. What teenager complains about being down the shore all summer?

I'll be nice to Tabitha for my mom. I do not want mine and Tabitha's hatred for each other to affect our parent’s marriage. I promised my mom I would be on my best behavior, but I'm worried how Tabitha will act.

I also made a promise to myself. This summer, I'm going to take risk. I'm not the type of girl that disobeys anyone. I'm the type of girl who never breaks the rules. I'm the goody goody, but not this summer. I'm going to be a senior next year and then I go off to college. I have to start living my life for me, not for anyone else.

-

"How do you like your room?" Dave asked me, placing down Tabitha's suit case.

"It’s nice. The whole house is lovely. Thank you," I said, starting to unpack my suit case.

"I'm glad you like it here," Dave said smiling, "If you have any questions do not be afraid to ask."

"I actually do have one question," I hesitated, pointing to the extra bed that was not mine, "Will anyone be sharing this room with me?"

"Yes. This is Tabitha's room. She usually invites a friend, but I told her she could not this year because there isn't enough room," Dave said.

"I was afraid of that," I whispered under my breath.

"I hope that you and Tabitha can get along. I know how she can get," Dave said.

"I hope so too," I said as Tabitha walked into the room.

"Thanks for bringing my stuff up dad!" Tabitha exclaimed, picking up her suit case putting it onto the bed with mine.

"You girls be nice now," Dave explained, walking out of the room.

"We will!" Tabitha yelled, closing the door then walking toward me with her arms against her chest.

"So I'm guessing that this is your bed?" I asked.

"Wow, you catch on quick," Tabitha said sarcastically, removing my suit case from her bed.

I moved my suit case off the floor onto my new bed. It was right next to the window, so I will be expecting to wake up early with sun shining in my face. I continued to unpack my things, putting my clothes in the drawers and closet. I got my face wash and other beauty materials in the bathroom.