chapter 3.5 (short)

Alexis

As I began making my way to the water with the army of ripped guys behind me, I felt a strong hand placed on my shoulder. I turned around.

It was Jay.

I was tingling inside and I felt myself blush when I turned around to meet his green, manipulative eyes.

"Alexis, I need to tell you something."

"Yes?"  I said with a loud gulp.

"I know it's not the right time or place to say this... but I feel like you should know," he coughed. I've never seen him this nervous? "I um.. I. I love you. I've never felt this way about anyone else. I don't know how this happened so suddenly. A doctor can save my life. A lawyer can defend my life. A soldier can fight for my life, but only you can give me the true meaning of life.
You are always in my mind, in my dreams, when I'm awake, I'm always thinking of you. I just want you to know that I'm missing you so. I want you wrapped around my arms. I want to grab you and kiss you and love you all day. If you don't believe me, I'll prove it to you. You are my number 1. I'll shout it to the world for them to hear. Please, just say you love me too."

I was at a loss for words. I swallowed hard and felt my cheeks heat up.

"I, I... Jay. I.."

I was cut off by some cute ginger scooping me up and taking me to the ocean.

"Jay, wait!"

I saw his eyes start to have a glossy look to them. How would I know he actually meant that? Or was it his little phrase for every girl he meets? True or not, I wish I could've told him, 

Jay I love you too.