2). Make it right

Abel's P.O.V

"She should wake up any moment now." The nurse says, opening the curtains.

I nod not really wanting to talk, I didn't sleep last night. I wanted to be awake for when she wakes up.

"Those roses are beautiful, did you buy them for her?"

"Uh, yeah." I mumble.

I guess she got the hint that I don't want to talk and left.

Thank god, she was getting annoying.

Maribeth walks in shortly after looking stressed.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"My boss was being annoying. He let me take today off but I have to come back in tomorrow." She rolls her eyes.

I nod and get up, "I'll be right back. Do you want anything?"

"A bottle of water should be fine." I walk out of Delani's room and go to the vending machine. I take some cash out of my pocket and putting it into the money slot. I press the picture of the Auquafina bottle. It comes out and I move over to the snack machine and put a dollar in and press the numbers for a snickers bar.

Once I've finished I walk back to the room.

"Here's your water," I say handing it to her.

"Oh, thank you." She smiles lightly.

I nod and sit down next to her, eating my my snickers bar.

"I have something to ask you, and I was your honest answer. No matter how bad it is." Maribeth says.

"Alright," I mumble already knowing what she's going to ask.

"Why did you cheat on my baby girl?"

I sigh, "I don't know."

She snaps her head, "What the hell do you mean 'I don't know'?"

"It means I don't know, I don't have a valid reason for cheating on Delani. I wasn't in my right mind, I wasn't thinking."

"Look, I know you're a grown man. And a grown man has needs, needs that need to be fulfilled or else they will go crazy. But how could you stoop this low?"

"Maribeth, I honestly don't know and trust me I'm disgusted and angry with myself for my not being able to wait. I love Delani so much that it hurts. And to know that she's in the hospital because of my stupid ass ways, will haunt me for the rest of my life."

Maribeth sighs and rubs my back, "Now look, you messed up really badly but don't blame yourself for this. None of this is your fault."

I shake my head, "It is my fault if I hadn't slept with somebody else. Then she wouldn't have left my house and we wouldn't be in this situation. She would be holding my hand right now, as we walk around Disney being surrounded by countless numbers of couples. But instead she's laying in a hospital bed all bruised up, with a possibility of being raped. And it's all my fault." Tears blur my vision, but I quickly blink them away.

"How do you know she walked in on you?"

"It's the only thing that would make sense. Instead of sleeping around and being an idiot, I was suppose to finish packing. I told Delani to come to my house around six. And I'm guessing she did but since I was being an ass I didn't notice and.... I guess you get what I'm saying."

Disappointment washes over Maribeth's face. "Delani loves you, you know that right?"

I nod slightly.