Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Blinking I hear a noise playing outside my bedroom. My hands travel across the sheets and I feel nothing but cold bareness. I cross my hands lovingly over my growing belly. Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I stand up.

"I don't know doctor..." I hear a faint voice say, "Hope can't travel." Suddenly I place the voice, it was Mary.

Over the past few months of my pregnancy Mary had been the girl that I went to. Through the food cravings and morning sickness, Mary was there. I am now in my 8 month of pregnancy and ready to burst. I waddled to the door and made my way to the wardrobe. Pulling out some clothes and changing, I make my way to the door.

"Mary?" I ask, running a finger through my hair. "What are you talking about."

Nervous she shakes her head, her blonde hair falling in a curtain, covering her face. "You can't travel and we are about to get attacked." She murmurs and looks me in the eye.

"I can too travel!" I say, puffing my chest out. She eyes my stace amusingly and lets out a giggle. Deflating I add, "Slowly, I can travel slowly."

"What are we talking about travel for?" Dante asks from behind me.

Smiling faintly, Mary explains the dilemma. Dante moves from behind me, to in front of me.

"No." He says. "You can't travel!"

"Yes I can!" I exclaim. "I'm pregnant, not dead! Just because I have a tiny unborn human inside me does not mean I cannot walk or ride a horse safely. Sure it's unsafe out there, but it's unsafe staying here too." I widen my eyes and say, "Please Danty, please!"

"Oh fine." He says, letting out a sigh. "We should leave tomorrow. Bright and early. Pack up and get ready."

Happily Mary and I bounce to my room. We packed only the essentials for us, the baby, and the cats.

"We are going on an adventure Lasagna!" I pick up the kitten that I saved when I saw Dante in the woods that day. She mewed and her mum came out from under the bed.

"There you are Snowy!" Mary cooed. "I was just looking for you."

At the end of the day, we had finished packing and were itching to leave. Lying in bed with Dante, I slowly drifted to sleep.

The next day (extra long chappie today! Merry Christmas!) Mary, Dante, Lasagna, Snowy and I were ready to leave. We mounted on horses and rode.

Over the days we crossed deserts, forests and even a little mountains.

"Look!" Shouted Mary from the front of the group.

"What is it!?" I shouted back. Squinting my eyes I see little figures coming closer.

"Its people!" Said Dante, "lets go closer!"

Heading toward the first civilization we have seen for days, even weeks. We were smiling. Little did we know what was in store.

I felt the bullet before I heard it but when I did hear it, it nearly ruptured my eardrums. Screaming I feel off my horse.

"HOPE!!!" Dante screamed. Tears streaming down his face. I moved my arms to touch his face, but it stopped. A clenching started in my stomach and I knew what it was.I pushed with all that was left of me. I looked over to Mary and Dante as black filled my eyes. Blood covered my shirt and pants. Suddenly I heard a baby cry.

End of Part One

A/N

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!! Let me explain this twist. First of all, this has been planned ever since I started The Hybrid Child and I like the way that Part One of this story turned out. I thought that Hope was built very well and that her life was lived very purposefully. Now before you go hating on me because I killed your favorite person in the book, think on the bright side. Now you get to see from Dante's POV because he is the baby's father. I have so much planned for the next part and this book is FAR from over. I took some comments from the last one and I named the cats Lasagna (thanks @How_To_Life I loved your comment, so funny)  and Snowy (A lot of you commented this name). With all that being said I hope you all enjoyed this chappie as much as I enjoyed writing it. Don't forget to sub, comment, share, and vote! 

Much love,

Maya <3