Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"Psst...Jasper!" I heard. Quickly placing the familiar voice, I pulled the sheets up further on my body.

"What do you want Julie? Its like 3 in the morning!" I said, groggy with sleep.

"I need you to wake up! Please!" I felt her soft hair touch my face and I turned to face her.

Suddenly I was aware of her close proximity to my face. I was aware of my messy hair and her strikingly beautiful, wait what! I did not just describe her eyes as beautiful. No way. Anyways, her eyes were in my face, staring into mine.

"What do you need Jules?" I said, suddenly worried about my best friend. Her eyes were radiating fear and her hair looked as though it had been run through a couple times to many by her hands.

"Jasper," She said, "They want to kill us." Her voice started to shake.

"What?" I said, staring at the redhead.

She nodded, and tears started pooling into her eyes. Quickly she wiped them away, and I expected that was because she didn't want to let down her tough girl persona.

"Wait here, I'm going to go change ok? We need to get out of here." I said to the shaking girl.

"Ok," She said, taking a deep breath. "Sorry for that little episode!" She laughed painfully, before stepping to the side and telling me to go change fast.

And change fast I did. Grabbing my backpack and stuffing it with random clothing items and things that we might need on the road, I opened the door to my bedroom, revealing Julie, also with her backpack. She had her hair pulled into her signature look, the messy bun. With her jeans she had on a brown sweater, and under that she had on a tan tank top. Her face was absent of the usual make up that she wore. Sure, she had been my best friend ever since we were little, but I was so used to seeing her with some mascara and foundation or whatever that stuff is called that I stopped for a minute.

"Stop staring, Skittles," She laughed at the old nickname. I just scowled, remembering the old memory.

"Come on, Jas, come on!" Julie yelled and pulled at Jaspers arm. "We need to get there early!"

Jasper smiled at her, letting himself get dragged by her, "Whatever, Pepper." He said, unimpressed. "I don't need any food, I'm not hungry!"

"But I WANT FOOD!" She insisted, "Come on!"

Jasper rolled his eyes. The girl in front of him gave him a smile, and she stuck her tongue through the space where she lost her teeth. "Your just jealous." She laughed.

"Am not!" He said, huffing. He was jealous. "At least I can chew skittles and you can't." She frowned at this comment, they both loved skittles, "And guess what, Julie, I'm gonna eat all yours."

"Hey! That's mean!" She pouted. "Skittles." She sighed, and to her amusement, Jasper turned to face her. After realizing his mistake, his face turned as red as her hair.

"Oh please don't call me that!" I said, but secretly I loved it.

"Oh I will, Skittles!" Again Julie burst out laughing.

"Fine, Pepper!" I rolled my eyes. Her nickname was way less bad then mine, the pepper only referring to her red, pepper like hair. "We should probably get back to packing though," I said, changing the subject to serious.

"I guess your right. When do you want to leave? Now?" She said, turning to face me again.

"I don't know. How about in the morning? I want to say goodbye to Jackson, and someone else," I said, not wanting to say Delilah's name.

Julie raised her eyebrow at this comment, but thankfully she let it slide. "Ok then, I'm going back to my room, good night."

"Jules wait," I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug. "It's going to be ok, ok? We will talk about it in the morning."

"Ok. Good night Skittles." She said pulling away from the hug.

"Good night Peps."

A/N

Aren't they cute? I love writing this book. Sorry I haven't been updating that much, school at a new place is taking a toll on me. I hope you enjoy this chappie though! It's just starting to get good in Part Two! Woo! Don't forget to vote, comment, subscribe, and share! Also check out my other works on my page! Comment about how school is going for y'all. I would love to hear from all of you. 

Much love,

Maya <3