Prologue

Prologue

People say that when you're in a coma. 

Everything around you is black

Some people hear things, others don't. 

In my case.... None of these things happened. 

The car wreck was fast and painless, I didn't even know I was alive for this short period of time. 

Three months have past and I lay in the hospital every single day with my family surrounding me and the confusion of doctors. Until one day.... I woke up. I opened my eyes and I was standing in my normal clothes, right there in front of a hospital bed. I looked down to see myself laying there lifeless. I was pale and my chest rose and fell only slightly. 

I ran my hand through my dark hair with confusion as I looked around the dreary hospital room. My mother sitting at my body holding my hand like she did every single day. I looked up to see my boyfriend across the room. His once happy facial features where now depressed. His carmel hair was scuffled about and his blue eyes filled with tears as he looked at me. 

" Ryan..." I spoke softly as I walked over to him.

His expression or manner didn't even change. I was standing right in front of him... how could he look right through me. I placed my hand on his arm but he didn't feel me... and I didn't feel him. I felt nothing. Everything around me was one giant blur as I walked over toward my mother. Her saddened face was hearbreaking. I sat next to her looking around for my older sister Lilly. She was no where in sight. I was guessing she went down to get mom something to eat like she always did. I placed my hand on my mothers only for both of us to feel nothing again. 

" Mom" I whispered feeling tears form in my eyes.

I was invisible. I got up once again closing my eyes. When I opened them I found myself in the streets of New York. I looked around at all the people. Every single one of them walking right through me. I shook my head looking around at all the bright lights of time square. This had to be a nightmare

Inside my soul was crumbling, I was lost. I prayed to God that this was all just a dream and soon I would wake up to see Ryan and my family happily around me. The cold winter streets stung my skin as I ran swiftly through the crowds of people. Everything around me was a whirlwind of thoughts. Until I ran into something hard. I fell to the ground listening to the deep voice mutter curses under his breath. My breathing was heavy. My chest was empty as I looked up to see the person standing in front of me. He looked at me confused as he brushed off his dark wash jeans. His figure towered over mine. 

" I-I'm really sorry" He said with a slight smile as he reached for my hand. 

My blue eyes looked at him in shock. Was he talking to me? His slightly frigtening demeanor changed as I looked up at him.  I was going to grab his hand but I quickly pulled away getting up by myself. 

" No...It was my fault." I slightly gasped.

His dark chesnut curls swooshed over his face making his green eyes look dark. Thr black jacket he had over a white t shirt dipped low showing the tip wings of a tattoo maybe? He bit his bottom lip looking at me confused he parted his lips to speak but I interrupted him. 

" Goodbye." I blurted out quickly as I jumped to my feet and began walking away from him. I looked back once to see him staring at me as I started to disapear into the crowd. He watched me wordlessly.

" How could he see me.... ?" I whispered to myself. I shook my head feeling like I had officially gone crazy. This had to just be a dream. The emptyness inside me was unreal. I felt nothing at all, not even a Heartbeat