Chapter 36

Cora is mostly out of breathe as she runs for her life while the evil Lynx is behind her. She then runs into a corner of a building an covers her mouth so Lynx could not hear her. She then sees Lynx walking. But she misses and walks off into the other direction. Cora sighs for relieve. Suddenly, she felt two hands. One around her waist and one covering her mouth. She couldn't see the person. The person leaned into he ear.

"Make a sound, and you wont have another birthday again."

Lynx finally notices them and walks up to them.

"Finish off Astro. I'll take care of this girl for a early present."

Lynx smiles and flies away.

"Astro! Down here!" Shouts Zane.

Astro flies down to them.

"Do you get the stuff?"

The kids took out their hover mobile. They also had some water balloons and gas cans.

"Good. Now his. Before she sees you guys."

They nodded and ran off. Astro flies off and finally found Lynx, still destroying part of the city. The citizens run for their lives as you can hear them screaming for help and rescue. One of the citizens points at Astro with a smile upon their faces.

"Look, it's Astro boy!"

They all cheered and Astro flies to Lynx and tackles her down to the ground. But Lynx kicks Astro and he flies back to the ground. Lynx throws a first punch, but Astro dodges and grabs her hand. He puts it behind her back and talks in her ear.

"Lynx, I know you can hear me,"

Lynx moves out of Astro's grip and swings her arm to hit him. He does a back flip in the air and lands.

"Stop this!"

She doesn't listen. She then flies back to Astro and starts to hit him with all her might. She misses him five times, but finally punches him straight in the face. He falls back and as Lynx was about to stomp him, he moves quickly and she stomps the hard ground instead. Lynx gets really furious and something in her changes.

"Lynx, please. Come back home. You belong here in Metro city. Not with Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson  "

She still had her back turned against. Astro grabs her arm, but she grabs his and looks at him straight in the eyes. Her hand goes behind her back and Astro hears a clicking sound.

"No. I. Don't."

She then tools out a power gun and aims it at Astro. Astro froze.

"Especially. You!"