Chapter 39

Astro and Lynx almost forgot about Cora. Then suddenly, Lynx had an idea.

"Alright, fine. I give up. You win!"

"What?!" Shout whispered Astro.

"Just follow my lead." Whispered Lynx.

She surrendered and put herself on her knees and hands behind her head. Astro did the same. The man smiled darkly, loosing his grip on Cora.

"Shoot." Said Lynx in a low tone.

Astro gets his blaster and shoots the hover. The man let's go of Cora as she was now falling to her death. Astro flies up to her and catches her. He puts her back to the ground and watches the man on the hover board fall into the hangout/park.

"Stay here. I'll finish this." Says Astro.

He flies off to the park leaving Cora and Lynx behind. He founds a hole where the hover board has crashed and was now destroyed. But no sign of Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson. He looks around. No sign of him anywhere. Then, Astro hears someone laughing. What he didn't know was that Dr. was right behind him, holding a blaster aimed at his head.

"Astro, No!"

Bang!

Astor looks behind him and sees Lynx falling to the ground. Astro catches her in time.

"Lynx!"

Lynx didn't say a word. She was holding her stomach as blood started to come out of her. Astro lifted his hand and her blood was now on him.

"Lynx. Stay calm. It's ok. You're going to be alright. I promise."

Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson growls. Cora growls as well and kicks him where the Sun don't shine. He groans and lets go of Cora. She falls to the ground, but gets up quickly and run towards Astro and Lynx.

"I told you tools that robots and humans don't live in peace!"

As he walks up to them, He raises his zap gun and points to Astro.

"Freeze!"

Zap!

Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson was shocked and tell to the floor. The police men ran up to him and pulled him back up.

"Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson, your under arrest."

Dr. Sinister Hanzsel Jaminson didn't say a word. The police men put him in the car. Other cars started to pull up and Dr. Elefun runs a to them. He gasped as he saw Lynx as she was held by Astro. He I tied Cora's hands that were behind her back and took off the tape across her mouth. He kneeled down to Astro.

"Don't worry Astro. She'll be alright."

"You don't know that." whispered Astro.

"You don't know that at all."

Dr. Elefun sighed and the ambulance came. Astro let go of Lynx as they put her on the bed and rolled her away. Astro looks at her as she was put in the ambulance car. They drive off.

"Come on Astro. We'll follow her."

Astro suddenly flies off and follows the ambulance instead.

"Astro!"

He didn't listen. All he wanted was to know that Lynx would be ok.

~An hour later~

Astro sits in the waiting room with Cora, Dr. Elefun, Orrin, the RRF, and his friends. They were All waiting on the news. Astro felt a hand on his shoulder. He looks up to see Cora's face feely h guilty of what had happened to her.

"Astro. I'm so sorry about what I did. This is all my fault."

"It doesn't matter Cora. I forgive you. But right now, I need to know if she is ok."

Cora nodded and looked away.

The Doctor came in and everyone stood up.

"Sir, is she going to be ok?" asks Dr. Elefun.

"Well, we have runs some years on her due to the blood that she has lost."

"But is she ok?" asks Astro with worry in his eyes.

The Doctor looked at his papers.
And they waited.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"She's you going to be just fine."

Astro smiled with joy about the good news.

"Can I see her?!"

"Yes, but only one at a-"

"What room is she in?!"

"Room 831."

Astro ran. He ran as fast as he can to see the love of his life. He finally found the room and opened the door slowly. He saw Lynx sleeping. He shut the door behind him and say down next to her. He grabbed her hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

Lynx finally opens her eyes and looks at Astro's direction. She smiles softly.

"Hi, Astro."

"Hi Lynx."

Astro smiled as well.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. Are you?"

She nodded.

"Never felt any better."

Astro chuckled.

She looks back out the window.

"Is that man gone?"

"Yes. He's gone. He was arrested after the shooting."

"Good."

Everything went silent. Until Astro broke it.

"Lynx?"

"Yes?"

"I'm so sorry."

"About what?"

"About lying to you about what Cora did. She said sorry too. If only I could've..."

"Astro."

Astro looks back up to her.

"It doesn't matter anymore. We're together. And that's the only thing that matters. Just you and me."

Astro smiles. Lynx looks at him surprised.

"Astro."

"Yes my love?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
"You're crying."

"Huh?"

Astro wipes his face and sees glowing blue water.

"It must be you're core. It's telling you something."

"Yeah. And it tells me that this is how much I love you."

Lynx gets up and wipes the tears away. Astro leans toward and kisses her. It lasted for a while. And it was the type of kiss to remember for the next few years.

And Astro and Lynx were finally back together.