Love Don't Change |Chapter 4|

Monique Lidia Perry
Detroit
12:00 p.m
Aug. 9

"Before we go to pick your friend up," Diamond reach in her purse while pulling into the CVS. "Can you go in there and grab me a pack of Pepsi, and a few aluminum pans." She hand me a 20.

"You cooking for tomorrow?" I ask, placing the money in my pocket.

"Yeah, your brother said I should make her some of that eggplant she love so much." She smirks at the mentioning of my brother.

I smile and look in the back seat at grace, "y'allare blessed." I smile. She nods and blush. Giggling I exit the car, and step out to the heat wave. Walking into the CVS not many customers on a weekend day.

I head straight for the cold drinks, and immediately see my Ever fresh tropical punch. My hand immediately grab the big bottle and than I grab the Pepsi under my arm.

"You need help?" A voice spoke, sending chills down my back. I turn to face the dude that was cleaning the yard.

"No." I simply say. He stares at me, so I walk off but I hear him following me.

"Why you so mean?" He asks pulling my arm.

"Look, don't fuckin touch me. Thats for one, for two I don't want to talk to yo bright ass get the hell away." I whisper harshly.

Who he think he is touching me?

"Girl, I just wanna get to know yo mean ass." He smirks. I stare at his sexy grin, and find myself almost giving in to a soon to come heartbreak.

"No thanks." I shrug and walk off. He sighs and I hear him jogging behind me.

"Lemme holla at you fa a lil bit." He pull the back of my shirt slightly.

"Listen I have a nail appointment stop fuckin with me." I point in his face.

"What is your name and age? I'm Niola." He asks.

"My name Keisha," I lie and he smiles. "I'm 16 years old." He nods and look me up and down.

"Ill see you around beautiful." He says before walking back to his basket he abandoned. I stare after him, and I can't help but to have a mental conversation with myself as I look for the aluminum pans.

I hadn't even realized I was getting into the car, crazy right? Talking to myself and stuff.

-

"Did they have everything?" She questions and let me keep the change. I thank her an buckle up as she pulls off.

"Yes," I speak softly. My mind drifting off to him.. Whats his name again? Did I even known his name before? WHY do I even care?

"So, why you getting all dolled up?" Alaya asks. I shrug and watch this beautiful black woman apply the acrilic to my nail bed, and the fake nail on the tip.

"I always get dolled up." I smile, I felt my dimples go in and alaya just shook her head.

"Who was that sexy man back at your house a few days ago?" She asks after a good 5 minutes of silence, I look up and shrug.

"I don't know." I say honestly.

"He sexy ass fuck," she groans. I stare at her long and hard. Why is she cursing in front of this grown woman? Shaking my head I listen to her ramble on. "He was totally looking at me." She said biting her lip.

I know for a fact he was staring at me, but I'll let her have that. "Yeah sure." I smile fakely. She smirk and rub her hand through her flat ironed hair.

"I need to find out who he is." She says.

"Yeah," I sigh. I honestly feel some type of way. I don't want her to want him. I want him, I will have him all to myself one day, but for now I will continue to play hard to get just to see how much he really want me.

"Okay, that's dried. Now you can go sit at table 3, and Geiorga will hook you up with Color and you two nail design." She smiles at me.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." I say standing. Alaya follow behind me holding our belongings so I won't mess up my nails.

"We going to be here all damn day." She whine.

"Yeah i need my feet and hair done than we can hit up a McDonalds something if you feel like stopping." I say sitting down in the chair waiting for her to come and hook me up.

"Why can't one of your fine ass brothers come an pick us up, King mainly." She says dreamily.

"Girl, he don't want you." I say simply. She burst out laughing and I just ignore her. Georgia always do my nails so she know I like nude color because it go with everything.

"You so silly." She laughs. I shake my head and sigh. Why must she act this way in public? She acts bad, but not this bad.

-

"Someone open the doooor!" I yell banging on the front door.

"Girl, you better stop allat." Kareem frowns at me. I brush past him and head straight upstairs. I went and did my niece hair, and she begged me to stay until she fell asleep now I'm tired as heck.

"Girl you better speak when you walk in my house." My dad voice booms. I sigh and stand at the top of the stairs.

"I love you daddy," I say. "I just need to get ready for bed." I speak again.

"Okay, we left you some Chinese take out in the fridge." He says in response.

"Thanks. " I say and walk to my room. Once I get in, I immediately head for the shower.

I ate before i left my brother's house so I'll eat my takeout tomorrow for lunch. I stand in my body length mirror, wearing my Victoria secret panties and bra seat. Pink and black lace, with black ribbons in the middle. I felt good.

I laugh at myself and cream my body with mango smelling lotion from bath and body works. I plop down in bed and I notice a new message from alaya and Sarah.

From: Alaya
Girl I found his instaaaaa @Niolaboy_detroit.

To: Alaya
GET YOUR LIFE.

From: Sarah
I got your mom a pandora bracelet, and some earrings. Do you think she'll like?

To: Sarah
awe white girl! Thats wassup, she'll love it. Just like last year when you got her that picture frame with a picture of her daddy.

From: Sarah
I love her, and you gn.

To: Sarah
Love you more boo, night night

-