| 1 |

Luke was smart. Extremely smart. He loved anything that had to make him think deeply. In elementry school, he always finished tests before anyone else did. His parents and teachers found out how intelligent Luke was, and decided to let him skip 7th and 8th grade. All his life, Luke had been the youngest of his friends and his classmates. And sure, that doesn't really matter in 9th grade, but time goes fast. When he went to college he was 17 years old. Let's just say, people noticed him way more than they did in 9th grade.

--

"Luke, you fucking dipshit!"

Luke woke up from the yelling. When he looked over at his alarm clock he saw it was 3 in the morning. His bedroom door opened and someone stormed in. "What the hell?" Luke sat up straight and rubbed his eyes.
"Who the fuck do you think you are?" The person yelled. Luke recognized his roommates voice.
"Jesus, Calum. Why are you awake?" He mumbled, his voice being raspy from just waking up. Calum walked up to Luke's bed with a box of cereal in his right hand. "You ate it! You ate my fucking cereal, Luke. Why would you even do that?" He sounded pretty upset. "You wake me up in the middle of the fucking night because I ate your cereal?" Luke said, clearly annoyed.
"Aha! So you admit it, you did eat my cereal. You know I always have a midnight cereal snack! Honestly, I feel betrayed." Calum hit Luke on his head with the empty cereal box.
"Get out of my room." Luke lay down again, and burried his face in his blanket.
"Promise you won't eat my cereal ever again." Calum said. Luke groaned. He turned his back to Calum and stayed silent.
"Well? Are you going to apologize?".
Luke removed his covers and stood up. "Fine, if it's such a big deal to you I'll buy you some new cereal tomorrow." He pushed Calum to the door. "Hmm, okay I forgive you." Calum smiled. "Oh, could you also buy a pack of extra large-"
"Goodnight, Calum!" Luke interrupted him, not wanting to know what Calum would have finished his sentence with. He pushed Calum out of his room and closed the door.
"Goodbye, my lover. Goodbye, my friend." He heard Calum sing, followed by a few giggles. Luke rolled his eyes and quickly got into his bed again.
Having his best friend as his roommate was great, but sometimes Calum could get a bit annoying. Luke looked at the clock again before closing his eyes and drifting to sleep.

--

The next day Luke didn't have classes untill 5. He decided to go to the grocerie store in the morning so he wouldn't have to deal with that later. Calum was taking a shower as Luke put on his coat. It was mid October, and it was already getting pretty cold outside. "I'm going!" He knocked on the bathroom door. "Okay, don't forget the cereal... and the extra large-"
"Bye Calum." Luke quickly got out of the apartment.

Luke was walking in the grocerie store looking for cereal. He had only been here maybe once or twice, so he wasn't sure where to look. It was after 20 minutes when he started doubting they even had cereal. He saw a boy with dark hair stocking shelves. He was wearing a black shirt with the name of the grocerie store on the back. "Uhh, hi?" Luke tapped the boy on the shoulder. The boy turned around. "Yeah?" He said. Luke looked at his name card. Michael.
"Do you know where the cereal is?" As soon as he said the words Luke regretted them. He was a college student looking for cereal. That's quite embarrassing. Michael started laughing. "Dude." He said, pointing at the shelves he was stocking. Luke looked at the shelves with cereal boxes standing on them.
"Jesus." He groaned. "Sorry, thank you.".
"Happens all the time." Michael said. "Really?" Luke bit on his lip. Michael shook his head. "Rarely. But I was trying to make you feel less embarrassed. Now, which cereal do you want?".
Luke pointed at a box on the top shelf. Michael nodded and grabbed it for him. He was much taller than Luke. "Thanks." Luke said when Michael handed him the box. Michael smiled. "Have a nice day." He said, turning to the shelves again.
"Right. You too." Luke said. He quickly walked to the checkout. That was embarrassing. Especially because that Michael boy was quite attractive. Luke paid for the cereal and headed home.

"Hey, you're back." Calum was on his laptop in the living room when Luke walked in. "Got your cereal." Luke put the box of cereal on the counter of the small kitchen that was build into the apartment. "It took you pretty long, though." Calum said. Luke walked over and sat down next to Calum on the couch. "Yeah, couldn't find it at first, but then I realised how stupid I was." He sighed.
"Why?" Calum asked.
"It was literally a few steps away from the checkout. Thanks to Michael, or I wouldn't have even noticed." Luke chuckled. "What are you doing?" He sat a bit closer to Calum so he could look at his laptop screen.
"Practicing driving lessons online." Calum responded. "You know, I find it sad that you're almost 20 years old, and you don't even have a license." Luke said. "If I were you, I would start practicing as well. You're procrastinating it and before you know you're also starting too late, just like me." Calum mumbled.
"I'm 17, Calum. I have enough time. I'm gonna make lunch, want something?" Luke stood up from the couch and walked over to the fridge.
"I'll have some cereal." Calum grinned. "Who's Michael, by the way?".
"What do you mean?" Luke grabbed two bowls and spoons. Calum cleared his throat. "You mentioned him earlier. Who is he?".
"Oh, just a guy that works at the grocerie store." Luke poured some cereal in the bowls.
Calum raised his eyebrows. "And you know his name because...". Luke gave a bowl of cereal to Calum and immediately walked out of the room. "I asked you a question!" he heard Calum yell before he walked into his bedroom and closed the door. He put the cereal on his desk and jumped into his bed. He knew Calum was gonna be extra annoying once he got out of his room because he didn't answer him, but at that moment he didn't really care.
Michael. Michael. Michael Michael Michael.