Chapter 1 "After Death"

Ino's PoV

Rain was pouring, like my eyes. Asuma, laid on the ground, but it was too late. I desperately tried to heal him but I wasn't skilled enough and enough time had already ran by. My heart sank, I believed I wouldn't be able to recover.

"Don't let Sakura surpass you in love or ninjutsu" were his last words to me. I solemnly swore to myself that day. Little did I know that it would be my downfall....

It was the day right after Asuma's funeral. I will never forgive the Akatsuki for what they've done. Especially to Kurenai Sensei. I knew that we're chunins and that he isn't our sensei anymore. But he still was and is in my heart. His words will forever remain in my heart. He had mentioned me being Strong Willed and Dependable. He told me to beat Sakura in love and ninjutsu. I'm glad he said those words to me, but Sakura still had been beating me. There was no hope for me to beat her. I had skipped off training and training takes years in the Yamanaka clan. And love, love had just been a wild-goose chase. Sakura-chan still loves Sasuke. I already had gotten over him but, this feeling of hatred towards her, even though she's a great friend to me. I strongly desired for myself to finally beat her. I had to...

"SHANNARO!"  I yelled as I punched the Sakura tree in the backyard of my home.

"I'm never going to beat Sakura-chan!" I whined.

"That's only because you skipped training on your dad and that you chose to not work as hard as Sakura," Tsunade said, walking in on me.

"Ugh. As much as I don't want to admit it, it's true." I punched the Sakura tree in a weak way, leaving my fist there and looking down with a frown.

Tsunade was right of course. I know I've been lacking in training and that I've been going in the wrong direction. I just wish.... wish that I hadn't taken a detour in training. I could possibly be the weakest Chunin in Konoha.

"If I were you, I wouldn't complain. You could still improve yourself and beat Sakura. And I see that your family as well as yourself have had a long, close relationship with flowers; I may have something in mind." Tsunade smirked.

"But... I'm not a good medic ninja, or basically good in the medic department really. I can only do Mystical Palm." I replied.

Mystical Palm is a great tool and all but, my chakra control sucks. Dang it! I'm good at nothing but maybe intelligence but Shikamaru has outdone me in that by levels. Sakura and Tsunade on the other hand, are absolutely great in physical strength while I have what?, mind tricks?

"That's not what I had in mind. I've seen you're dad and his parents. There are Secret Art Flower Ninjutsus, But it's a suggestion and it can be very difficult. It requires devotion, time, and progress." Tsunade said strictly.

Flower Jutsus? I've heard of such a thing but you'd think it wouldn't be useful in combat. They're really girly too even though people already see me as a "girly girl". But this could lead to being independently strong.

"I understand. But all my years of being in this village, has no one used this jutsu?" I asked with a pout.

"Unfortunately for you, it's never been founded by anyone and people do not branch off into it like Kekkei Genkai. And there is my grandpa. His name is Hashirama Senju."

"Hashirama Senju? Grandpa?!" I just realized. THAT'S THE FIRST HOKAGE! I didn't know that Granny Tsunade was related to him. If I could master some of his techniques maybe I'll be just as strong as Sakura! 

"Yes, I picked up his gambling addiction. But there are issues with learning this jutsu. Another reason why it hasn't been used is because Hashirama who had a form of it which was Wood Style, but he had passed away. He had written down a scroll with all techniques of Secret Art Flower Ninjustu and some other plant jutsus but I have yet to find it. He had treasured it somewhere for future use in our clan. I'm only willing to help you with it if you're willing to be committed." She said while taking a sip of tea.

"Oh no, The only flower techniques I could do are Flowers with paper tags and poisonous flowers. But they're not as effective in battle compared to lots of other jutsus. But, I'm willing to learn it!" I said with confidence.

"There's also one more thing you need to talk about but she hasn't arrived yet."

She? All I know now is that I have to somehow find that scroll and master the Secret Art Flower Ninjustus. I don't want to be known or overlooked as the weakest Ninja in Team 10 or Konoha anymore.

"Huh?" I gasped. Kurenai Sensei walked in. She came in. She had glanced at me with a frown. Her face was as dull and serious as a colorless flower.

"I'll leave you two here to talk." Tsunade said as she left the area.

"We need to talk about Asuma and vengeance. You're the last person I need to talk to and most likely the hardest since you mourned the most compared to Shikamaru and Choji after I talked to them. So here I am." She said calmly.

My eyes widened at the idea.

Vengeance? I've been wanting that for Asuma Sensei. I stare at her with surprised eyes and I tighten my fist. I've been wanting vengeance. I want to defeat Hidan and Kakuzu.

"Vengeance right?" I asked, slightly angered.

"Yes, I don't want Team 10 to go fight anyone in the Akatsuki. Tsunade agrees as well. You, Choji, and Shikamaru are way too precious to us. You three were like his own grown children. And for me to see you dying to the Akatsuki, is....  horrible. And I want to gain his vengeance. I loved him and I know you did too." She said with threatening tears and a tightened fist.

"Vengeance. I know it's wrong or reckless at times but he was my Sensei. He was like an escape from my own Father who doesn't know how to treat me right. I must gain it! Please let me Kurenei sensai!" I said with flowing tears, a tightened fist.

"And one more thing," my voice had gradually lowered, "my mother had passed away."

She laid her hand upon my shoulder for comfort. 

I turned and saw her sympathetic expression. "I can't lose you either Kurenai! You're precious to us, Asuma, and your child! I'll show you that I can beat the Akatsuki!" I ran, letting her hand leave my shoulder.

"Ino..."