Caught Under the Mistletoe

Luanna

"Uhhhh..." I moan as I open my eyes. I was on my bed in my room. I had no idea of how long I've been there. No idea on time or day.

The sun was down, so it must've been at least 6 at night. I checked the calendar. It was the next day. Christmas eve. But where was everyone? Where was Zero? Myhrr? Silvia? Were they alright? Did I save them?

I sit up and notice my right wrist was wrapped around heavily with gauze. Must've sprained it. It hurt enough to be sprained.

There was a stool with clothes on it. I look around to make sure my accusation of nobody was here was true before getting up to look at the stool. There was a note there.

I picked up the note and read it. 'Lu's Christmas dress'. The writing was in a green pen in Zero's handwriting. I picked it up and looked at it. Mini red dress with a white fluffy lining. It had long sleeves. I shrugged and slipped it on. There was a matching hat that I left behind.

I slid my wings out the back. I looked like an angel wearing red velvet. I smiled to myself and lightly chuckled before I hid my wings once again and went downstairs to notice there was a Christmas party going on. There were a lot of people and kids everywhere. This was my first holiday party after all.

Zero noticed me, "Luanna!" He quickly pulled me outside of the house out by the greenhouse over the pool, "hey, you feeling better? How's your wrist? Is there anything that's wrong?" It was as if I was playing twenty questions.

I hugged him tight, "yeah, I'm fine, did Myhrr make it okay? How about Silvia? You're alright too, right?" I ran my hands through his long shaggy hair while I held onto him.

He laughs, "They're fine Lu, you saved them. Silvia is down here. I asked my mother if it was okay she stayed until Christmas was over since she wouldn't let us leave. Myhrr is out by the pool with Travis—

"No, we're here! L'anna you're okay!" Myhrr took me from Zero and hugged me tight, "I thought the devil consumed all of your soul! I know last time you were out for longer but..."

"A devil consumed your soul before?" Zero asked.

I nodded, going back to hug Zero, "yeah...uh almost did. It consumed more than half of it. Although I didn't know much back then. Alex did the research and history and I just looked for weaknesses and attacked it, and such. I regained my soul; however, it ate at least a fourth of it again. As long as it doesn't get the chance to eat all of it I'll be fine. Besides, I have a strong soul. It's strong and powerful. It's holding your soul well."

"She was out for a month last time. Alex, Evangeline, and I stayed with her." Myhrr smiled. She was happy I was okay. "I trust her more than anyone else."

I guess I was kinda glad I was alright as well.

Silvia ran up to me and hugged me, "Luanna! Why do you keep doing stupid things? One of these times you're gonna get—" She was starting to sound a lot like Zero.

I reassured her, "I'm fine. I only did this because—"

Myhrr hugs me too, so now we were one big group hug, "you did this for us, and for that we thank you. It's probably the best Christmas present ever!"

I just smile at everyone while I held onto Zero tighter. When I held onto him, I felt my soul return more. His soul wanted to bring mine back because it was all that was keeping his together.

"Hey Lu, are you falling asleep again?" Zero asked. I blinked a couple times and shook my head, "no, I-I'm awake."

"Oh Luanna, you found your dress, oh good." Zero's mother noticed us. Everyone got off of each other and smiled, except for Zero that was. He still held onto me as both of us turned to face his mother.