Chapter One

Heeey Guys! So this was originally for a school thing but I decided to upload it on here too. Enjoyyyyy.

___________________________________________________________

Paige's P.O.V:

Today's the day. The day I go in to hospital to find out if they've found a new heart yet. A heart to take place of mine, so I become healthy. My name's Paige Berry. I'm 15 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia. I was born with Heart Disease. I spent the first few years of my life in and out of hospital almost every week. I'm an only child and my Dad was never really there for me after him & Mum split up. Mum's great though, she does so much for me and if I'm feeling down or just need a hug, she's always there. She's my hero.

I chuck my jeans & a Justin Bieber hoodie on and run down the stairs to get my shoes.

“Paige! Hurry up, we need to get to the hospital!” Mum calls from the front door.

“I'm just putting my shoes on! I'll be there in a second!” I reply. I run out the door, closing it on my way out.

Calum's P.O.V:

Here I was. Sitting in my hospital bed after having a heart operation. It was a strange feeling to have someone else's heart. It felt so wrong, but it felt so right at the same time.

“Hey Calum, how you feeling?” Nurse Kelly asks while walking in to the room.

“Just fine thanks, is the other patient still moving in here today?” I ask Kelly.

She walks over to me and sits on the chair next to my bed.

“Yes, but this patients a girl. Are you okay with that?”

“It'll be fine” I smile.

I wake up to the noise of several people talking. I open my eyes to see the that the new girl has arrived with her Mum. I sit up, making the bed squeak. Everyone turns to face me.

“Oh good, you're awake.” Kelly smiles. “This is Paige, your new room-mate and her mum, Jeanette.”

Wow, she's got a beautiful name and a beautiful face to match it.

“Hello” I say quietly, directing it to Paige and Jeanette.

They smile and reply with a 'Hello'.

Paige's P.O.V:

It turns out that the hospital still hasn't found me a heart and I'm starting to get really sick again so I now have to stay at the hospital until they find me a heart. My room-mate seems really nice though. His name's Calum and I think he's quite cute. After meeting each other he had something to eat and went back to sleep. Mum had gone home to get me some clothes and other things like my I-pod, Laptop and a few special belongings. I lie back on my bed, and close my eyes. Just thinking about everything. Everything being, Calum, Mum, and what will happen after my operation. What if I don't make it? There's a chance that they'll mess something up. I started to fall asleep when mum came in to the room with Nurse Kelly carrying my bags. I sigh and stand up going over to help them.

Mum has work in the morning so she's gone home now. Kelly only works day shift so a nurse who seems to be in a grump most of the time replaces her for the night. I put my last shirt in the small chest of draws that are provided and sit on the bed.

I hear rustling then a soft, quiet voice.

“Hey” Calum says.

“Hi, how you doing?” I ask turning around to face him.

He stands up and comes and sits on my bed with me.

“I'm fine, just bored. Wanna go for a walk?” He asks smiling.

“Sounds fun, are we allowed?” I reply feeling a slight bit unsure about the idea.

He smiles and says, “Yeah it'll be fine. I promise”

Calum's P.O.V:

I lay awake in bed. Thinking about her. The girl sleeping peacefully on the bed next to me. The walk was fun. We walked around the whole hospital twice. Just talking about our lives. Learning about each other. She's gorgeous and she can sing! Like, really well. After the walk we headed up to our room. I grabbed my guitar and sat down and we sung 'Forever Young' together while I played the guitar softly. Thoughts of Paige and the fun evening we shared played through my mind until I finally drifted off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of the shower running. I get up and close the curtain to get changed. I throw on some black jeans and a tank top. Grabbing my guitar, I sit down on the bed and start playing random chords thrown together.

After a short ten minutes of softly strumming my guitar, Paige appeared from the bathroom fully dressed, hair done, everything.

“I'm going out for lunch with my Mum and my friend Jahsynta today, they'll be here soon.” She explains to me. “You could come along too if you'd like”

I smile at the thought of her invitation, “I wouldn't want to intru-”

“You won't be intruding, you're a friend.” She says as she cuts me off. “Now come on, they're waiting outside.” Paige grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room, with butterflies racing around my stomach.

Paige's P.O.V:

I grab Calum's hand and my tummy explodes with butterflies. I almost drag him out of the room with the feeling of sparks running through my veins.

After signing out and making our way out of the Hospital, we make our way over to my Mum's car. Jahsynta's already sitting in the front so Cal & I jump in the back.

“Ah, so you decided to invite Calum then.” Mum states.

I nod and say, “Calum, this is my friend Jahsynta. Jahsynta, this is Calum.”

They smile at each other and exchange hello's.

“So this is the boy you've been talking about then? He looks like a keeper” Jahsynta winks at me.

I lower my head due to embarrassment while gently shaking it.

We arrive at a restaurant called 'Bramble & Vine' where my cousin Ryan works as a chef. We walk in and sit at the table next to the open kitchen. A waitress walks over to us and we order.

The drinks arrive and I sip on my straw, watching Ryan and the other chef Sarah cook our meals. I turn my head to the left to see Cal staring at me. He smiles at me while slightly blushing. I return the smile and turn back around to see Jahsynta raise her eyebrow at me in a 'questioning' manner.

After lunch, mum drops Calum off at the hospital and drops Jahsynta and I off in town to do some shopping. We walk in to Factorie, and look at all the sales. I go around the back of one of the racks and in the distance I see Zach kissing another girl. MY ZACH. He breaks from the kiss, seeing me run out of the store. I have tears running down my face as I run down the street, leaving Jahsynta far behind at Factorie.

I reach the park on Fraiser Street. I don't know why exactly, but I grab out my phone and call Cal.

______________________________________________

Soo...... hey? Was it good? bad? should I keep writing it or ditch it?

Comment, Vote & Follow/Fan me.

- Allie. xo