Chapter 3

I woke up in the morning and went downstairs to the sound of the post. It was a letter for me. It must be from my parents; they're on a business trip. But when i opened the letter; i wish i hadn't. I skimmed through the letter. It wasn't FROM my parents. It was ABOUT them.

We're sorry for your loss....

....died in a car crash....

Their wills......

Tears formed in my eyes. My parents....they're dead? Why is this happening? In my worst time of need; they're gone. I can't tell Jo. He's still shutting me out. And everyone else is still ignoring me.

[TIME SKIP]

I was at school and the bell rang for lunch. I wanted to be alone.

Haru: "I'll talk to you later M/C. Bye." He said in a cold tone before leaving the classroom. Sure he will(!)

I was going to go up to the roof where Ryu,Tak and Ichy are but i was having a feeling that everyone hated me. I don't know why i felt that way but...

So instead i went to the Janitor's closet. It was like a cupboard in there. I closed the door and slid to the ground in the corner of the room by the door. I quietly sobbed to myself. And did so all lunchtime.

[TIME SKIP]

I was in Black ship and i had finished my homework. Maybe i should tell Jo about my parent's death...

I knocked on his door.

*Knock knock*

Jo: *siighhhs irritably* "WHAT?"

I opened the door to see Jo glaring at me. Hard. I felt a pang in my chest.

"Umm sorry. Nothing." I closed the door again.

[10 MINUTES LATER]

I was at the river bank. I didn't know where else to go. I didn't know what else to do. I remembered Haru laughing with other girls and my heart started to ache.

I just stayed by the riverbank and cried until it started to get dark. I was going to go back to Black ship when i got a phone call. I looked at my phone to see who it was. It was Haru. Has he got time now?

Haru: "Hello?" he called out. He was practically shouting at the phone.

"Hi Haru-"

Haru: "Why didn't you tell me?!" he shouted.

"What?"

Haru: "Ichigo and Rihito told me and that you were upset because i was busy."

"How was i supposed to tell you wh-"

Haru: "You could've called me! Or talked to me!"

What? I called you. You didn't pick up. I tried talking to you. You brushed me off. I texted you. You never texted back...

"Haru-"

Haru: "I'm your boyfriend! I should be the first to know! Not Ichigo or Rih-"

i hung up on the phone.

If you're my boyfriend...then why do you hate me? Why did you avoid me? Why did you ignore me? Am i not good enough?

He definitely wasn't trying to make me feel better. He was angry. And he was shouting...so why am i his girlfriend?

Why am i here? My parents aren't here...so why am i? No one wants me. No one needs me. They all hate me. And now...i hate me too.

I looked at the river in front of me, and stood up without thinking. Jo won't notice whether i go to Black ship or not.

Negative thoughts filled my head as i walked towards the river. I stepped into the water. It was cold; but i didn't care. I kept walking.

First the water was up to my ankles.

I kept walking.

The water went up to my waist.

I kept walking.

The water reached my neck.

I kept walking until my face was in the water.

I couldn't breathe. And the best part was: i couldn't swim. Good. I let myself sink into the deep, cold river. Now everyone can be happy.

I lay there for a while. A while before everything went blank.