Chapter 12

Lena POV
I woke up and I was sitting in the sand on the beach. DID I DIE? I looked around frantically but I saw no one.

"HELLO IS ANYONE THERE?" I screamed and suddenly Nadia appeared with this very handsome boy.

"Nadia, am I dead this time?" I said actually not caring if I was dead or not.

"Honey, you are not dead but you can't give up now." Nadia said and that very cute boy was still standing there.

"Nadia, who is this?" I said and I smiled.

"This is Jack, Margaret's brother." My smile dropped and my mouth fell wide open. Margaret had a brother who died and she never told me?!

"How did he die?" I asked suddenly feeling very sad.

"Erin was pregnant and she didn't want another child so she prayed for me to take him." I suddenly felt anger rise up. How could my Aunt Erin be so selfish?

"Margaret has met him before when she was in the hospital but only when he was very little in a dream." He is very handsome. He has green eyes, brown hair and a very cute nose. He looked a little like Margaret but Margaret has blue eyes.

"Wait, Margaret was in the hospital when?" I asked very scared.

"Months ago when you almost drowned in the pool, the stress was so much that Margaret passed out." Having Maroblastom takes over your life a lot.

"Nadia, I'm begging you please get this stupid disease out of my body." I said and I started to cry a lot.

"I haven't been to school in months and I haven't seen my other friends in such a long time." I cried more and more realizing my life is over.

"Lena, you have to be a warrior and fight you are way to young to give up now." I tried to smile. Trying to find a positive outlook on this wasn't easy.

"Lena, you are so beautiful." I haven't felt beautiful in months.

"Nadia, I have no hair and I have no eyebrows." I said and I slowly felt my head and I had hair!

"Right now we are in something like heaven but this is a pain free place." I smiled feeling my long blonde hair but suddenly realizing it's all my imagination.

"Nadia, when can I go back?" I said hoping she will give me a good answer.

"Well, right now you are in a coma to control the swelling of your brain but the doctor said whenever you and your body come back together." I slowly nodded and began to feel my hair again still fascinated on how long it is.

"So what am I supposed to do in the mean time?" I asked sounding a little bored.

"You and Jack can walk along the beach and talk." She said and then she was gone.

"So... Do you want to take a walk now?" I said sort of hoping he would say yes.

"Sure." He smiled and oh my god. He has a million dollar smile.

"Do you have any hard feelings against your mom for what happened?" I asked him as we walked along the beach.

"Sometimes I think what'd I do for her to hate me so much that she wouldn't want me but sometimes I just really don't care." I was very confused by what he said but I just kept staring at him. Then things started getting a little awkward and I couldn't think of anything to say. So I just tried to stay quiet.

"What's your full name?" He asked and I jumped a little because I was so surprised.

"Lena Caroline Halstead." He smiled and I smiled back at him.

"Pretty name." I smiled and thanked him.

"So what's your full name?" I asked but I already knew his first and last name already.

"Axel Jack Halstead." I tried to hold back my laughter. Axel? Come on Uncle Jay. (Author Note: I don't mean to offend anyone who's name is Axel! It's just how I made this chapter)

"Yeah I know that's why I like to be called by my middle name, Jack." That made me think of Margaret and how she likes to be called by her middle name.

"Your sister, Margaret likes to be called Sophia which is her middle name." I said and he smiled.

"I hope to meet her someday." I smiled knowing that one day they would meet.
*************************************
Margaret POV
We got tons of balloons for Lena that said GET WELL SOON! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Today is Lena's birthday but she isn't awake to know that she turns 16 today.

"Happy birthday sis, love you." I said and kissed her head and everyone said happy birthday to her soon after.

"I know we were supposed to have our Sweet 16 together but I heard that we might get a car!" I said and held her hand.

"Margaret." I hear someone say my name and it was Angelica.

"Come here Ang." I said and patted on my lap. She immediately ran over and sat on my lap.

"Today is Lena's birthday... She turns 16 today." I said and she smiled.

"Today's New Years Eve." She said and I gave her a high five for knowing that today is New Years Eve.

"Happy birthday Lena." Angelica said and blew a kiss to her. I smiled and hugged her.
**************************************
Erin POV
I was leaning on the doorway watching how much Margaret and Angelica have bonded over the past few weeks. I can never undo what I did to Jay and Margaret when I told Nadia to take my baby away but I want Margaret and all of us to start off the new year fresh.

I felt hands wrap around my waist and it was Jay.

"Jay, I think we should adopt Angelica." I looked at him and his eyes widened at first but then he nodded his head.

I smiled knowing that very soon Angelica will become a Halstead.
*****************************************
Author Note
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE! I wanted to publish this chapter on New Years Eve to let you guys know that some things in the book will change... Stay tuned. xo