Prologue

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

"The force isn't something you can touch, it's not something you can see, but those like us can feel it in every aspect of life. It flows, like a stream of running water, always on the move."

"Uncle, why do only so few of us have this power?" A six year old figment of a boy long dead lay on his stomach with his deep brown eyes fixated on his uncle in full attention. "Why us?"

"Well, Ben it's not fully understood where it comes from, but it's an honor to have the force," he replied as he held his five year old niece in his lap. "It's a privilege, not a right."

Aeliana, small in size but mighty in will, looked up to her uncle with eyes the same hue as her brother's. "Where do we get the force from?"

Luke hesitated, lightly clearing his throat. "From your grandfather - mine and your mother's father. He, well, he didn't use it wisely."

Ben, with curly dark hair and a bright aura to him, rolled over onto his back and stared up at the skylight in his uncle's home.

Space stared back a him, taunting to tell his future among the stars.

If only he had heard the galaxy's cry.

It would have stopped him cold.

-

Oh, man we're actually doing this. I tried to contain myself - I've been a fan of star wars since I was I little girl because my dad turned me into a nerd like him at a young age - but when I saw The Force Awakens, I could help it. I, of course, don't own Star Wars or any of its affiliates, but I do own Aeliana and my interpretations of Kylo/Ben's past with her - Mel xxx