Luke

First day here, already making friends. It's a good start.

I continuously looked at Emma's hands, they were constantly shaking. I had asked her why, it was her nerves, and of course, she was shy. I began to wonder, if it was because of me. If she was, I don't know why. What's there to be scared of? I'm guessing it was because she barely knew me. But, her hands didn't shake as much when she was around Jake, or Aaron. It made me feel like I'm not wanted, like a burden.

Miss Alison told about a project, and we had to pick partners. My mind was already set on Emma. I was a little disappointed when I saw her looking around, for someone. But my heart was over joyed when she looked at me, I was smiling at her.

Kelly was much of a problem, she was highly annoying, to us anyways. She walked over to me, telling me I was her partner. I wanted to snap and just tell her to leave me alone. But, I didn't want to make enemies. Making a quick decision I put one arm around Emma, she looked away from me blushing. Kelly looked disgusted at me, she asked "Her?" What was wrong with Emma, nothing. I didn't bother arguing and nodded. Finally she walked away.

I was looking at Emma, her face was a cherry red. I looked up and noticed Aaron and Jake looking at us. Jake put a thumbs up and Aaron was trying not to laugh.

"What," I mouthed the words at them.

"Nothing," said Aaron in a low whisper.

I just shrugged, realizing my arm was still around Emma, I pulled her closer to me. The chair made a weird noise. I leaned down close to her face. She moved away from me, I looked at her questioning. I told her I had to tell her something, she then looked up at me, with a cherry face, confused. Once again I leaned back closer to her ear and whispered.

"I know you're nervous around me." Once I had said that she blushed even more. At that, I knew I was right. Maybe it was because I was tall, or I just seemed scary. Honestly I'm just a giant teddy bear. I hope she knew, I'd never hurt her. Removing my arm from around her, I looked at Jake, he was looking at Emma.

Jake told her about her red face, she nodded, he told her again, it looked like she was getting annoyed. He was smiling, "I like the colour red." Emma looked up at him, "Oh, really," she had asked. I wanted to wave and just be like, hey I'm here. Luckily the bell rang. She'd never replied to him and stood up. I stood too, following behind her.

"What's next," I asked.

"History, sleep," she muttered.

"Sleep?"

"Yea, it's so boring, might as well."

Gladly the red color disappeared from her face. We walked into the small room, it was dark, and warm. It really was perfect for sleeping. It all depended on the teacher, I guess. There stood a incredibly short lady with white hair, she had a kind, but wrinkled face.

"I've been doing this too long," the lady mumbled as she leaned all her weight to one side.

I looked at her, she looked back at me.

"What do you want," she asked in a monotone voice.

"N-nothing," I stuttered.

All the seats in the back of the room were taken. Emma looked disappointed. We both sat in a middle row, the desks weren't in columns, but in actual rows. She sat at the end of one row, and of course I sat beside her. Aaron and Jake sat in front of us.

Kelly just wouldn't give up, she sat directly beside me. Emma looked over at her and frowned. Kelly sat smiling at me. I looked away from her and looked at Emma. She was already looking back at me  sighing.

"What's wrong," I asked as I nudged her. Kelly looked at us.

She shook her head, "Nothing."

"Com' on."

"I'm fine," she said as she lay her head on the desk.

I sighed as laid my head down on a desk too. Nudging her again with my elbow, she looked at me, it looked like she was trying not to smile. She was blushing slightly. I nudged her again.

"I will...make you smile," I whispered.

She looked at me, "Oh, really?"

Now, she was trying even harder not to smile. I looked at her face, then at her little button nose. I extended out my hand, she looked at me confused.

I poked her on her nose, "Boop."

She scrunched up her nose, "Don't boop me."

"Fine," I stuck out my lower lip, "please?"

She looked at me, "No."

"Please," I moved closer to her.

"No," she fought back a smile.

I looked at her grinning, "I see, a smile."

She turned the other way, looking away from me. I looked at her frowning. "Don't be mad." She never answered me, I sighed. Kelly looked back over at me. She put her hand on my shoulder, "You okay sweetie?" I looked at her angrily, grabbing her wrist, I placed her hand back on her desk. Emma looked over at us. "Don't call me that." I grumbled, looking away from her. "Well, you don't have be such an ass about it," she said that loudly. A few people looked at us. But the old lady never noticed. Aaron turned around, looking at all three of us. "What the hell," he whispered. I just rolled my eyes and looked back at Emma.

"Do you...like her," Emma asked.

I looked at her as if she was crazy, "No!"

She nodded and looked down at her desk. I kept looking at her.

"Why do you ask?"

She shrugged and whispered, "I dunno."

"There's always a little thought in 'I don't know'."

Emma looked at me, "I know," she sighs.

"You're not scared of me, are you?"

"No..."

I looked at her worried, "Please, don't be."

"I'm not, just shy," her hands began to shake, but not as bad as before.

I placed my hand on hers, "You don't have to be."

She never replied to me, but she also didn't move her hand. It was a good sign, I guess. She put her head on the desk, facing towards me. I too did so, and I still held my hand on hers. Emma had tiny hands, they slowly stopped shaking. I looked at her and realized she had fallen asleep. A piece of hair fell in front of her face. I moved my other hand and moved it away. As I did, she opened one eye, grinning.

"I told you, I'd make you smile."

She nodded and closed her eyes again. Kelly looked back at us again, she saw my hand on Emma's and rolled her eyes. "Stupid boy," I heard her whisper. I didn't respond to  her, I knew if I did she would just make a big commotion out of it.