Luke

Felt a little empty...

Emma had left without even saying good bye, I guess she was just that type of person, or she was still shy. That was the first bell, for the buses, so I still sat remaining in the room. Kelly looked over at me, "She's finally gone." I tried to ignore her, but she wouldn't just stop at that. "You could do better," she said grinning.

"You're not better, so who else," I smirked.

She looked infuriated at me, "Excuse me? Not better?"

I sat looking up at her, "Yeah, you're far worse."

"How so?"

"Kelly, you're a bully, not just to others but yourself too."

To this, she had no response. She just puffed out her cheeks and turned around with her arms crossed. For my luck, the bell rang. I stood, carrying my bag and walked out the door. I was amused at Kelly's reactions, but I hated her. Living not too far from the school, I could walk home, which I was use to. Then a thought occurred, I was stupid to not ask Emma for her phone number. We also had to do a project together, how was that going to work? Panicking for a moment, I felt a little dizzy. Standing at the edge of my subdivision, I looked at our sign. It read, Building New Houses NOW!  I sighed, not being a big fan of new neighbors. Walking into my home, I almost got knocked down by my little sister.

She looked up at me, "You're home! You're home," she shouted.

I looked back down at her, "Yeah, now move Mack," I said pushing her aside.

Mack was my little sister, she's eight, I think. You can tell we're related, both of us having a freckled face, pointed nose, and jet black hair.

Mack looked at me frustrated, "Don't push me!"

"I didn't push you."

"Yes, you did," she shrieked.

My mom came out, she looked work ready, as usual. She wore a black and white dress, now that I thought of it, she reminded me of Miss Allison. She waved her hand for Mack to come to her, she leaned down towards her and whispered something in her ear. Mack turn and ran away, smiling.

"So, how was your first day at, Lake whatever it was High?"

I looked at my mom, "Good, very good."

"Oh, okay. That's good," she clasped her hands together smiling.

I was looking around the house, "Um, yeah."

"So, who did you meet," she asked walking around the kitchen getting things ready for dinner.

"Uh, a girl and two guys."

She looked at me confused, "Say their names."

"Emma, Aaron and Jake."

Raising a brow she asked, "Anyone...special?"

"No not really."

"Okay, go make sure your sister isn't doing anything...destructive," she narrowed her eyes.

I nodded, relieved and walked away. I ran up the stairs and walked down the hallway to my room, it was kind of like a blank space. Our home looking elegant, but it was also boring. I looked over at my bed, Mack was sitting on it going through my stuff.

"Mack!"

She looked at me innocently, "What?"

"Move," I glared at her.

"No," she grinned.

I picked her up, she wouldn't stop thrashing around, it was like holding a fish, just that it wasn't slippery. "Put me down you big dummy," she yelled. I ignored her and placed her outside of my door, slamming it in her face. I knew she was still sitting there, waiting for me to come out. Locking the door, I went back over to my bed. She'd taken out my phone and some papers, I looked at my phone. Silently screaming inside, I realized Mack had locked me out for five hours.

Walking back towards the door, I said, "That's it Mack!"

"That's what you get, idiot."

"What did I do?"

I heard her move, "You pushed me!"

I walked back away, mumbling, "Girls, they'll never get over it."

"What did you say? I can't hear you," she said, banging on the door.

I grumbled, still trying to ignore her. I loved Mack, I really did, but she was terrible, and very spoiled. I guess it was just because, she was their little princess.

"Luke, Mack, come down," I heard my mom yell.

I sighed, "Comin'!"

I opened the door as Mack was running by, "I'm first!"

"Whatever, just go," I said grumbling.

Mack looked back at me and rolled her eyes. I kept walking, I didn't care if I walked over her, I was hungry. Walking past her, my stomach growled. I descended down the steps, and I could already smell the food. Starting walk faster, Mack ran into me. Every day, I had to deal with this, this little monster. Stumbling and almost falling, I caught myself. My dad saw us, and he laughed. I never really joked around much, much less, could I take a joke. Sitting at our dinning table, I saw my dad looking at me, I looked back up at him, with a questioning face.

"So, how was your first day," he asked.

I looked down at my plate, "Good."

"Your mother told me you met some, people."

"Yeah, and what about them?"

"You, tell us."

I nodded, "Sure."

"Well stirt," mumbled Mack, while she was chewing her food.

"Close your mouth," I said, "Um, so there's Aaron and Jake. They're friends I guess. Jake is Irish," I'd stopped.

My dad looked at me, "And, who else son?"

"Er.. A girl named Emma, she just looked lonely. I think she's scared of me."

My mom had then looked up at me, "Scared? Why?"

"I don't know, I try to be friendly," I sighed, "she's very shy."

Mack dug her elbow into my ribs, "Or maybe you're just that ugly."

"Mack, that's enough," my mom said frowning at her.

I groaned in pain, she had really sharp elbows. I didn't think it would hurt that much. I quickly scooped up the rest of my food, the placing my plate in the sink. Walking up the stairs, I missed a step and started to fall to the ground. Everything felt like it was going in slow motion. I couldn't breathe, but it was all silent, like I was falling through clear water, slowly. I wanted to stop myself, but I knew I couldn't simply stop time. Letting myself go, I fell, rolling down a few steps. I moaned, Mack ran over to me, "That's what you get," and ran away. I leaned up against a wall, standing up slowly. Limping over to my fridge, I pulled out an old fashioned pack of ice. Sitting by the fridge and placing the pack on my leg.