3. Arielle

HOLOCAUST

Damn it! I sat down and put my right hand on my head. It beats with a strong, steady rhythm that starts and stops quickly and repeatedly, and it really sucks. Fuck!

I creased my forehead and closed my eyes when my head didn't stop throbbing.

"Arielle? Is that you?"

God! I tried to stood up but was startled and fell on the ground again because of the voice that came from behind me.

"Arielle, God! Oh, God! Where have you been?" She hurriedly came to me and steadied me up. My eyes widened when I realized something. My eyes met hers, but I immediately shifted my gaze to what I am wearing right now and my jaw dropped open.

Dress? Oh yes, DRESS! A fucking girly dress! God damn it, men! I don't wear this kind of - of clothes! Goodness gracious!

I scanned my surroundings to look for Steff and Harris, but trees are just everywhere. If they can see me right now, they'll probably laugh out of their ass because of this dress, but they're nowhere to be seen. There's no sign of them.

Who wears this kind of dress? It's old.

"Arielle, come, let's go home. Your father is looking for you, and please, take a bath. Oh, God! We're so worried about you!" Said she. My father? Who is this woman?

"Hey, are you my mom? Am I your daughter?" I asked out of curiosity. No, probably not. My mother does not look like her at all. This woman is a foreigner. She have a porcelain skin, a pair of blue eyes, red hair, and a pointed nose. Her accent, it's really different from what we use. She chuckled and held me as she guided me and started walking.

"What are you saying? Of course, I am your mother." She replied with a smile on her face and kissed me on my forehead. No, bitch. I am not your daughter. Geez. My mother wasn't as pretty as you, you're young and she was already dead.

"Me? Your daughter?" I pointed myself. She nodded and smiled. What the hell?

"Now, now. Let's get you home." I did not pay attention to what she has said as I noticed an awful, acrid odor coming from somewhere. Then, I began to feel nauseous. That's gross, men. What was that? I don't know how to explain that shit.

"What is that fucking smell?" I asked. I frowned and pinched my nose. She looked above us and saw a smoke spreading in the air that made her hands tremble. Hell, I don't want to smell that disgusting shit!

"A-Arielle, come on, let's go!" She said while looking at the smoke above the sky. She took my hand and hurriedly dragged me to a house near the forest where she had found me.

Who is this woman? And... why is she shaking?

When we reached her house, I noticed that there were bunch of people gathered inside this woman's house. They're all men and were dressed in a black uniform with a skull and crossbones pinned on their caps. They all look like an army officers, but I can see from their uniforms that they were not in the same ranks, and that they obviously don't look like officers from Philippine army.

Something was wrong. Yeah. Definitely.

"Arielle, now, go upstairs and go to your room. Oh, and take a bath, please, change your clothes too, alright?" The woman I was with said to me then she kissed me on my cheeks before going and then smiled again. I scanned my surroundings for another time. I don't know where I am, but I know I shouldn't be here. There's something wrong in here.

I did go upstairs since she told me so even if I am not so sure of what was really happening. All I want to do right now was to find the room she was talking about because I can't stand to see myself wearing this bloody-girly-dress and of course, I can't bear the smell of my-stinking-self any longer.

I walked around the second floor and opened the first door I can find but it doesn't look like my room. Then, I opened the door next to that room which caught my attention. It is filled with posters of propaganda, posters about war, the skulls and the crossbones. Now, this really looks like my room. I'm sure, I've seen those skulls and crossbones somewhere.

I opened one of the drawers inside to find decent clothes I could use but there was nothing but dresses. I rolled my eyes because of this.

God, does this mean I have no choice but to wear a dress?

I let out a deep sigh and chose something that doesn't look so girly at all and change immediately. I don't think I have the luxury to take a bath right now. One thing's for sure, this isn't my house and I have to get out of here and find Steff and Harris.

I rushed down as soon as I changed even though I'm not comfortable with it. I looked around me and observed every people that passes me by. But those men in a black uniform seemed more suspicious. They talked quietly, in a room, with doors closed. It seems like they don't want anyone to hear anything they were talking about inside. Then, I passed through an open door that has a long table inside it. I took a peek and saw a man inside with a shaved hair, sitting on the floor, peeling a potato. He looked exactly just around my age, but what I saw him wearing really surprised me. That's it. I knew I've seen it somewhere. He's wearing sky blue stripes with a number on his chest.

My eyes grew wide when I remember it. That awful smell! That was burning bodies!

This... They are Nazi.

To be continued...