The bet

"Hey, you busy?" Natsu asked me. I shook my head, and he gave one of his stupid grins. Oh no... "Gajeel and I already set up the arrangment. We called up our old buddy, Laxus, so we placed a bet to see who would get beat up less. Wanna join? You seem strong..."

          "I may be a stupid dragon slayer for doing this, but you're on!" And that was that. Gajeel, Natsu and I headed towards a clearing in the woods. Laxus was already there, smiling evily when he saw the guys, but gave a genuin smile when he saw me.

          "So, it's whoever I don't beat up the most?" He asked. Natsu smiled.

          "Yep. Good luck, Jewel. This guy likes to beat men and women up, so don't hesitate!" I smirked.

           "If you don't mind, Natsu, I'd like to go first." I said as Laxus and I took off our jackets. "Hey, kid. I may have never met you before, but I got my eye on the prize of this bet. I don't expect a weakling like you to beat me up!" I taunted my brother. He only laughed.

          "What, a little girl like you gonna challange me?" He spat to the side. "Please, I could scratch you in my sleep!" He played with a little ball of electricity around his fingers, which grew in size. "This can take care of you."

          I easily side-stepped it. "My my, a little dragon playing tennis? Your not as tough as I imagined." I was about to form a stellular ball, but Natsu jumped in my way and started attacking Laxus. "Natsu! What are you doing?"

          "It's mating season, right? He's giving you a wierd look, like he knows something about you. And I'm not letting as guy like him steal your heart! If anyone will, it's gonna be me!"

           "What do you mean? It's clearly me!" Gajeel shouted at Natsu. Laxus bumped their heads together.

          "Neither of you two Fairies are touching my sister." I facepalmed and the boys looked at him with annoyence and shock.

          "Sister? No way! That's why she sticks by Gramps!" Natsu exclaimed.

          "Tch, yeah, really. I thought there was something familiar about her. But she's not a lightning dragon slayer, she's a stellular." Gajeel shot back.

          "Onli-Chan! You weren't supposed to say anything!" I sweat dropped.

          "Hey, when someones threatens or gets too close to my sister, you can bet I'll be there to protect you." He grabbed my shoulders and gave me a light noogie.

          "Hey, Laxus! We should all fight for her, so you know the strongest can protect her!" Natsu started yelling, threatening to punch Gajeel.

          "Honestly, I think Gajeel is more qualified then you are. He's not so hot headed," Laxus smirked. "But that doesn't mean he is qualified.

          "But the best part about this trip," I started. The guys looked at me with confusion. I smiled. "I won the bet! He diodn't hurt me as much as e hurt ou two!"