Chapter 2 Do I Know You?

You ran quickly through the Outlands. Dashing past the murky waters, you wept loudly. You never stopped running until you suddenly tripped over something. You thought it was a log until it yelped.

You spun round at the sound, tears staining your cheeks. A black maned cub with sparkling emerald eyes looked back at you, his teeth bared just like yours.

"Who are you?!" The scrawny cub snarled.

"I'm (Y/N), a member of the Outsiders." You replied, standing your ground.

"How come I've never seen you before?" Kovu's muscles loosened a bit, but he was still on his guard.

"My father always kept me away from the other cubs...but now he's banished me..." Your ears flattened in sadness as you said this.

"Well, you're an Outlander, as you say. Can't you take care of your self?" Kovu sat down, realizing you weren't a threat, and raised an eyebrow.

You shook your head slowly, your (F/C) (A/N: FC means Fur Colour) fur glistening in the dim light of the sun. It was hard to tell day from night in the gloomy Outlands.

"No, I can't...my father taught me nothing..neither did my mother.."

You could see Kovu's eyes soften for a moment, but then they became cold once more. You dropped your head low.

"Kovu!!!" You heard Zira shriek. Kovu jumped slightly and rolled his eyes.

"Goodbye...I guess.." You said quietly, turning in the opposite direction.

"Goodbye.." Kovu murmured.

You looked forward at the grey, dry landscape before you. You could never return...and you were sure to die alone..