Chapter 2

My incredible brothers ditched me. Of course, I couldn't rely on them by accompanying me for a bit, and of course I wouldn't be that big baby for crying out loud. Blair joined his flock who wave their hands to acknowledge me, and Bliss spot his middle school friend, named Clint I think, and they walked out of my sight. I had couple of friends before. I'm not that cute friendly type of girl who wants to be friends with everybody that if she run for student body President she'll definitely win. I'm fine with my friends. I'm fine with my best friend.

To think about that, I may no longer have friends at this exact pathetic moment of my life. They're mad and pissed about me leaving without any single word. I called Chris several times once I landed wistfully at London, but he keep declining my calls. He even turned his phone off that I couldn't reach him anymore. And that made me mad too. I know I shouldn't be, because it's my damn fault in the first place.

After two months, I tried to keep in touch and called him, but turns out he already changed his phone number. And that's the moment I've told myself to forget Christian Josh Cartier, and move on with life in the country where I was born and lived for the first years of my existence. I wished we never left. I could've been happier.

Scampering through the hallway and under my thoughts, I suddenly ran into someone. Her head hit my chest as she almost dropped her phone to bits. She looked up, meeting her hazel eyes. I can't remember her, unless she's new. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you out there," she explains defensively.

In my conclusion, I should be the one apologizing for being oblivious on what's around me. Or maybe because she's small, like five-one or five-two, that I haven't noticed her presence. Bliss is even taller than her. She's maybe short, but she's pretty and petite, like a doll.

"I'm Cassidy Wilson. I'm new here by the way," She adds with a quirky body gesture while she extends her hand for a handshake, and for formality I shake her hand.

There's just barely five minutes before the first period bell rings, and I still don't have my schedule to get worked on. I've been told to go and meet Mr. Larson at his office this morning. He'll probably give my schedule, since my Mom enrolled me late. Late as in, just a week before the school year officially started. It's just been a week since Mom and Dad dragged me back here at Chicago.

I told little miss petite that I have to go and be somewhere else. She cheerfully says that it is so nice to meet me, even though I haven't even introduced myself. Call me rude, but I'm not in the mood for this stuff. Besides, I actually gave her a favor for not running late on first period.

Mr. Larson's name is written on the Principal's office door. I knock and push the heavy door that is made out of wood, a thick and strong one. Their heads whipped towards me. Yes, their. Mr. Larson is seated on his spinning office chair, his elbows propped on his cherry oak desk, and he's not alone. There are two chairs facing each other, just right in front of Mr. Larson's desk, and the other seat was occupied.

Occupied by a guy with piercing blue eyes. God, I'm not looking at these eyes again. I suddenly wanted to shrink to tiniest I could be, or disappear instantly like a puff of smoke. I am not seeing Chris slumped in a chair, looking ultimately bored. Not here. I became anxious, while deciding on wether to go out and have at least a wall to separate us, or stay inside and wear my highest pride on. But before I could decide, Mr. Larson ushered me to seat in front of Chris.

I felt uncomfortable to sit right across my ex-best friend. The proximity is too close. Too close that we happen to avoid each other's eyes. I, myself, can't look at his greek-god-like handsome face. So beautiful that a guy could fall in love.