Chapter 3

It's lunch when I spot the jocks huddled down the hallway.

     The jocks are pretty much the stars. I've always described jocks as popular jerks. It maybe a cliché thing just like in the movies, but I've always thought they're some heart-throb quarterback who's happens to be a playboy. Though a lot of people may think the same way I did, but when you had a chance to hang out with them, you can say that they're just regular guys who play video games aside from they're actual football game.

     "Heath is back to town!" Shawn Harvey hollered, having everybody in the hallway turn to him, including me.

     He comes to me, getting himself pulled out with the other jocks. Peter Mcallister and Brad Kavinsky followed in a flash, and I greeted them, "Hi." 

     "Thought we're never gonna see you again," Peter says, hugging me and giving me a pat at the back.

     It never crossed my mind too. Seeing them again, including Chris, isn't my intention after I decided to leave for good. Burying them down, taking them out of my memory is what I did. And now these dudes stand in front of me. My good old friends. Before, it was just Chris and I. But when Chris made it into the football team, it became, Chris and I, with Peter, Shawn, and Brad.

     Blair said it can actually ruin our long-term friendship with Chris. Hypothetically, he thinks that Chris's going to be focused on football and hangout with the same guys all over, and just forget about our friendship, and then we drift apart. It got ruined though, but not because of the guys, or Chris being on the team. It's all me. Peter, Shawn and Brad are few of the people who turns out to be my good friends, and all because of Chris. Some people think I'm slut for being around them. Some people think I'm a tomboy. But the important thing, the real thing, is we do get and understand each others despite the fact that they're boys and I'm a girl.

     "That was a bit of an acting you pulled yesterday. At some point I thought you hit your head and had an amnesia that you can't remember us."

     "Shut up, Peter. I thought you guys wanted me dead on the spot," I admitted.

     Brad raised a brow, and uttered, "Seriously, If you think we're mad we should've kill you the time we saw you at the party."

     Great.

     All of them nod. That's not hardly to believe, but I thought they'd be like Chris: purely mad, no, furious. I think about it as how it should be. When someone important leaves you without a word, you get these furious thoughts. It's like reading a book with a cliffhanger. My Mom says one time, that if someone cares about you, you should care about them too. But my Mom thinks I didn't care about my friends when I left, specifically Chris. At least Mom thought, I'd say goodbye. But it's better not to.

     It was a night at our treehouse with Chris. He talks about going to Los Angeles, like on the other side of the country, for a hardcore football training that would enhance his chances to make it to UCLA's football team when we go there for college. That's our plan. Flying to L.A. for college. But it isn't college yet, it's our Junior year. I really want him to go because I know how he wanted it, but a part of me says I can't stay here for two years without Chris. It's like losing everything. But then he says he can't leave me, like he's reading what's in my mind.

     So after that night, I made up a decision. I know if I leave, there's no reason for him to not make his dreams possible. I don't want to be the reason to hold him back. The next day, right on the next day, when Chris, Shawn, Peter, Brad and I had a road-trip to Toronto, I left.