Prologue

December 15 2015, after Finals, 11:20 am in Westland High hallway.
**
"Karmen may I speak to you for a minute?" The principal said out of nowhere, like was he watching me or something?

"Umm... Sure I suppose? .. Uh did I do something wrong?" I mean I had to ask that right? It's not everyday the principal call you to the office in the middle of the hallway.

"Uh.. No you didn't do anything wrong Ms.Jones. There's something that I need to discuss with you, follow me." And with that I was in the principal office 5 minutes later.

"I like what you did to your office. New chair?" Okay this may not be the first time I've been in here.

"Yes, Thank you for noticing, anyways the reason I have told you to come was that I have great news for you." Mr. Martinez , the principal said excited.

"Uhh..okay?" I replied unsure.

"Well it say here that you have all your credits to graduate early or Skip a grade of you like." Mr. Martinez said looking at the computer screen then turning to face me. "Meaning that by skipping a grade at this time of the school year, your whole schedule will be change to senior classes instead of your junior honor classes, but you'll still have honor classes." Mr. Martinez add waiting for me to process the whole thing.

"And the other one?" I asked even though I'm not sure which one I want to pick. I mean I love school, like the learning and everything, but I hate the things that come with it. For example, the rumors, teenagers, stereotypes, and there's more believe me.

"Oh my bad, skipping a grade and graduating early is like the same thing." Mr. Martinez said still smiling which is freaking me out a little.

"And if I choose to stay in my current grade with the same classes and everything?" I asked knowing what his answer would be.

"Then that would be a waste of time in your life." Yup that's my principal you guys.

"Oh I see." I whispered.

"Okay how about this, I'll let you think about this for the whole winter break and when you come back in January we'll talk, okay?" Mr. Martinez said once he saw my face. "Also you're phenomenal you know that?" He added confusing me.

Me? Phenomenal? Karmen Annabelle Jones phenomenal? The girl who worries about her grades instead of looks. The girl who never had a boyfriend since birth. Virgin Mary is what they say. I may be anything else but phenomenal, ordinary? Yeah just plain old ordinary Karmen. Phenomenal shouldn't be a word to describe me.

**
December 19 2015 Winter Break just officially started.
**
"Phenomenal shouldn't be a word to describe me."- That was what I thought until winter break came along, and a boy named Zayn was thrown in my life.

"- That was what I thought until winter break came along, and a boy named Zayn was thrown in my life