Chapter XXXVIII

A/N: Sorry for the grammatical errors in this chapter in advance, I haven't proof read it and a quick reminder that I am not a native speaker of the english language. xD ahaha. Anyway, happy reading lovelies :)

========

Isn't it funny how life works?

We've just said I love you yesterday and goodbye the next.

We had to let each other go for a while. We had to say goodbye once again as her parents decided to bring her back to Madrid after what happened at that fateful day; the day where Josh slapped her with the harsh reality of her sickness.

At the airport, I remembered holding her tightly as if I'd never let go of her. The embrace felt like a thousand years, we felt like were the only ones who were existing at that place in that very moment. The people's chatters at the airport became whispers as we're lost in our own moment.

I could still remember the last words that I've told Hamish before they board the plane. I could still remember the chaste, tender kiss that Lily and I shared before we finally pulled away from each other's embrace.

I told her goodbye, but this time our goodbye wasn't full of tears and heartbreak, but rather full of hope and yearning.

Before they went inside the boarding area, she told me the words, "I'll come back and I'll be better, I promise. I love you, Sarah. Always will."

"I love you." I repeated over and over again as I kissed her forehead before finally detaching myself gently from our embrace.

I watched her walk inside the boarding area, bringing my fingers to my lips as I blew her one last kiss and whispered, "I love you." in the air. I watched her walk further until I could no longer see her.

-------

Sitting in the living room, internally cringing at his weighted stare. Her fist curled into a ball as she looked down at the marbled floor, tapping her foot lightly as they're waiting for her mother.

"Are you seriously going to stare at the floor and opt to not talk to me after what you've done?" He said bitterly, scoffing as he shook his head in disbelief.

She lifted her gaze up to look at him, nails digging onto her flesh as her fist clenched tightly.

"What I've done?" She fires back, voice laced with sarcasm and anger. "Or what you've DONE?"

She looked at him as she said the last word, emphasizing it, her voice roaring into his ears.

"You cheated on me, that's the issue here."

"You lied to me and took the opportunity in favor of your own selfish desires."

As he was about to fire back at her, the wooden sliding door opened revealing Sarah's mom with a tray of sugar cookies and a tiny steaming pot. It was quite obvious that a hint of confusion is plastered on her face as she looked at Josh and Sarah with her brows furrowed before letting herself inside the living room.

She put the tray down on the coffee table and sat on the couch next to her daughter, facing the blue-eyed man who's bound to be her son-in-law.

"What is it that you want the three of us to talk about, Joshua?" Her mother asked in her usual soft, calm voice as she poured coffee into the cups.

"Thank you," Josh spoke monotonously, taking one of the cups from the table. Taking a sip from it, he looked at Sarah before putting the cup down on the table once again. He took a deep breath and looked at Sarah's mother in the eyes as she was reaching for a cup of coffee. "Your daughter, cheated on me with some woman."