❧ Chapter 13

© All Rights Reserved To LuciaWrites

Chapter 13

.....

Cassie's POV

"So, I'm not sure if I want Aunt Deb sitting with Aunt Pat who I know she doesn't like, or if I want to take a risk and put her with one of Louis' aunts." Alexa sighed, tapping the white board marker on the counter. "What do you think, Cassie?"

I roll my eyes, and groan, "She'll feel awkward if you put her with someone she's never met! Who gives a shit if she doesn't like Aunt Pat she'll get over it." I stare at the door waiting for the guests to arrive. Alexa and I are both sat at the kitchen counter, waiting for the first people to arrive for her Bridal Shower. I told the rest of the Bridesmaids 1:30, and the others 2:00. It's about 1:15 now, so any minute we're expecting people.

"Cassie. First of all, language." She scolds, even though the little ears aren't around. "Second of all attitude. You're the maid of honor I don't care if you're bored of wedding planning, you have to do it. We've only got one month until the big day. I need your support."

I let out a sigh, and slump my shoulders. "You're right. I'm sorry. Put Aunt Deb and Aunt Pat at a table together."

Alexa smiles widely at me, and writes down both their names at a table. "So, what do you have planned for the Bachlorette Party tonight?"

"Stuff." I say simply. "You can't know a thing. Sorry."

"C'mon!" She complains.

"Everything is taken care of!" I laugh. "Louis doesn't know anything about his Bachelor party, so you're not knowing anything about yours."

"Whatever," She pouts, chucking the marker onto the table. "But, um, Cassie... Can I ask you something?" I feel the whole mood shift, and I look at her nervously. She refuses to look back at me.

"Of course." I say, unsure.

"I've given this a lot of thought." She starts. "When girls walk down the aisle on their wedding day, their Daddy's are usually there with them." She stares down at her lap, and I think I know where this is going. "And if their dads aren't, then their moms are. Unfortunately for us, neither can be there to give me away."

"Cassie," Alexa puts her hand on mine, and intertwines our fingers, looking up at me for the first time. The tears in her eyes immediately cause mine to well up too. "You're my baby sister, and you're my rock. There is absolutely no one else I would want to do this, so I was wondering, will you walk me down the aisle?"

"Lex," I tilt my head at her, smiling through my tears. I reach out for her and wrap my arms around her shoulders. "Of course I will." She laughs and hugs me back. "I would love to." I add.

"Look at you mush balls!" Alexa and I pull apart when a familiar voice echoes through the apartment. One of Alexa's best friends, Jordie, stands in front of us, a bottle of wine, and a sparkly pink bag in hand.

Alexa gives a little squeal, and stands, going to hug Jordie. I do the same, and we make small talk until the other two Bridesmaids arrive. Carmen, and Rebecca. They all set their gifts on the table and crowd around Alexa. I try and stay invested in all the wedding talk, but I get lost when Carmen starts to recommend different sex positions for Alexa and Louis to try on their wedding night.

"Good lord, Carmen!" Alexa squeals. "I'm not getting all the way up there, and putting my head down there. Never."

"I know it sounds freaky, but if you put your feet on the wall at the right angle-"