Chapter 3: The Prophecy

It was the 3rd night of the unexpected arrival in this forest. Noh and I were watching the forest beneath the colorful setting sun. Soon, the world began to become as dark as night could allow it to be. Luckily, the fire had kept going even though the night had begun. My body naturally began to walk toward the tent to sleep. I closed my heavy eye and went to sleep.
    In the morning, I walked out of the tent and began to snack on some blueberries. I looked back on the tent only to see a note. In it were the words.

The One who was Tranquilized

Shall become realized

On the night that he loses most

He shall become the man to boast

Brother and Brother

Friend and Friend

All coming Together again

From The Wizard of Knowledge

This was just about the weirdest thing that had ever been mailed to me. I was very rich before, and have had a lot of weird things get mailed to me in the past. I think that the "One" is me, but it could easily be Noh, and maybe even Era, my brother. The Wizard of Knowledge is the weirdest thing ever. At school, I had learned about some wizards, but never the Wizard of Knowledge. I strolled into the tent to wake up Noh. He had already gotten up and was sitting around. I had a lot to tell him about.
I read him the scroll and sat down. He was stunned. Both of us didn't know what to say about the note.
Suddenly he said just above a whisper "I remember a wizard who came here about a year ago and just said he was passing by. He called himself the Wizard of Knowledge. I never thought he would return again."
I suddenly realized that I should find out who this Wizard is and find out why he sent us that mysterious note. The world seemed like a bundle of tiring and laborious work that had to get done. The one job I had to focus on was making an axe that could actually cut down trees without taking 4 hours.
I stepped out of the tent. Noh came with me just to put extra manpower on the job. We walked up to a tall maple tree and began to swing. Noh used a thick and pointy stick and I used the shovel. We made trees fall down like an earthquake in California. Soon, we had 23 trees cut down and ready to be used for something. I used one of the logs to make an axe. After I was done, I did what Noh had been doing. He was working away at placing logs around the tent and fireplace. When we were done with the first layer, we built the next. After 5 layers, we started to lay logs on top of the wall making a roof. We added a hole in the roof for the smoke from the fire to go. After we were done, we took out the old tent. We used the hole the tent was covering to sleep in.
This was one of the hardest things we both had done to make our house better. We went outside of the new house and admired it. If the prophecy included us, we had better show some skill and make this new 4 wall house a perfecting finish. We had to make windows. Even though we had put wet mud in between the wood as a mortar, the wood was not easy to cut through. Using the new axe, we cut out the wood and made a window big enough to see out of, but small enough so a dangerous animal could not get in.
After the whole house was done, we went into our sleeping space and lay down. I mentioned the Wizard and his eyes got wide with excitement. He loved to talk about him. Most likely, he had a great time when that wonderful Wizard of Knowledge came around.
After Noh went to sleep, I thought about Era. Since the crash, my mind had been so set on other things that I had not wondered about where he was and what he was doing. He could be making an army or hiding in the woods. Hopefully, he had overcome the evilness of the dragon. But, if he hasn't, someone is going to have to get him to be his good natured self again. After a while, I fell into a deep sleep that left me with no dreams or nightmares.
In the morning, Noh was crying. He had tears pouring down his wet, red cheeks. He looked at me and smiled.
"Got you" he said with a smug smile.
"Wow," I glared back at him smiling even more.
He then spoke that he actually had found something. Apparently, another note was left on the cabin. Noh handed the note to me. It was wet with dew from last night. That means that the person was here late last night. How does his owl get to us that silently and know where we are. Inside the note were the words:
I am coming to your household. A great danger has arisen upon us. Your brother, Era has taken something that only should belong to a righteous man. I will come to your house by sunrise tomorrow. We will retrieve the item from your brother. I will bring actual weapons for both you and Noh.
From The Wizard of Knowledge
That was AWESOME. The Wizard of Knowledge is going to come to our place and stay with us. Or it means that he will try to receive us and kill us. I know that it will be the best or the worst. Though he did say he would give us great weapons, but I know people have many tricks up their sleeves. So he would kill us or keep us safe and stay with him. Either way, I should get ready for him coming over. I knew that if a wizard was coming over to my house, it probably isn't a very good sign. It was time to then get ready for him coming over.
I thought about that for a minute and told Noh what I thought about the note. I told him that we needed to get ready for the wizard. Noh suggested to get wood for swords and those types of weapons to be safe from the wizard. I suggested to upgrade the spear and get a stone on top for the spear and get another weapon for Noh hopefully with stone.
Eventually we compromised by Noh cutting wood down for his weapon and me finding a stone and carving it until it was sharp. Though it was a good compromise and we could probably do it within a day, it was a lot harder to find a sizable stone for a spear and big enough to carve it into a shape. After what felt like a hour, I found a big enough rock to carve into something.
As I picked up the smooth rock, a shiver went up my spine as a figure stood before my eyes. The shape was only seen because the sun glared in my eyes. I turned around and quickly looked back where I saw the figure.
It was gone....
Only the bushes were visible. I didn't want to go back to the cabin because that was a cowardly thing to do. Maybe, the thing was another harbitt. Still, there was a possibility it was Era. Though, it could possibly be the Wizard of Knowledge. Whatever it was, I still wanted to go back into the cabin and not in these now scary woods.