A Love Unknown

"Nicole."Haylee Chambers signed.

"Yes mother."Nicole Chalmers replied.

"Where"s Amber."Haylee asked.

" I don't know.She may have yelled something to you as she walked out the door.She didn't sign anything,and I didn't see her lips move.Therefore I don't know."Nicole signed.

Her mother sighed,ever since Nicole was born she had been deaf.Nicoles father Mason was deaf at his birth as well but he had a surgery done so he could hear.Of course Haylee didn't know until after they were married and she was pregnant with her first baby.Haylee knew there was a very big risk to put Nicole in the same surgery her husband had.The risk had increased since Mason was young.They had alot of struggles but made it through for a while.Nicole went to a school for deaf kids.The three of  them learned sign language and became very close.Before they knew it Haylee was once again pregnant.Nine months later she gave birth to Amber.A very healthy young child who was not deaf.Twelve years later,Mason died of brain cancer.The cancer was caused by the surgery that aloud him to hear.Now Nicole is twenty,Amber is now eighteen,and Haylee is forty-two.

"Hey mama what's for dinner?"Amber asked while walking in.

"Where on earth have you been?"Haylee asked intensly.

"Relax mom I was just out with some friends and-"

"Enough! I was worried sick about you.I need to know where you are and what you're doing,"Haylee yelled."You know what ,you are grounded!"

"What ?no way!I didn't do anything wrong,"Amber yelled.

"Don't you raise your voice at me.Up to your room now!"Haylee demanded.

"Fine!"Amber shouted as she ran into her room.